Why the truth is not in them ??

I wonder how many people have been told something by a buyer, that was no where near the truth....I hate to think how many times I  have been told that I will send a Pay-Pal tomorrow, or I'll send you a check tonight....and never do anything of the kind.....I've been waiting for two weeks for a check from a guy in Michigan  , I have sold a item 13 times on another web-site based on what a person has told me and never received the first penny..........Does anyone tell the truth anymore ??   I have one web-site that I do business on that has a 98% negative truth rate.....Isn't that a poor way to deal with people ??     What are your experience ?? 
autospec
Post removed 
@autospec , anything that has a 98% Fail isn't worth wasting your precious faith on anymore.

@bigkidz has a good approach for you to follow. Advertise FIRM, state the parameters of the deal clearly and succinctly.  "No ship without cleared check", etc.

Anyone that doesn't want to play by your rules doesn't deserve your time, nor what you're selling.

In our business, we've learned how to pre-qualify our clients....literally in first contact, both on the 'net, the phone, or even in person.

Recent call:  Prospective customer, wanted pretty much the whole 'A' ticket, pretty much a 'turnkey' project for us.

That's our 'Question #1', without fail.

"What are you interested in?"

Followed by 'Question #2'....also, without fail....

"What is your budget?"

The 'ballpark figure' was considerably less than one could do as a DIY.

"We're sorry, but our 'A' of that nature generally Starts at 'F'.

A figure 5X what was asked for, especially 'site unseen'.
We are NOT operating out of the back of a pickup truck.
We are NOT a charity organization.
We are NOT 'doing what we do' to rip anyone off and ruin a good reputation that we've spent over a decade to create.

We require a certain level of Trust.
We require 50% down.
We repay that trust with a project that tends to exceed what was expected.
We consider that our SOP.
We like doing what we do, and would like to continue doing so.

Play Fair.  Respect us. We will return that respect and attitude with something you will Absolutely Enjoy having done for your Children.

Yes.  We make things for your Children.  For their FUN.

That, in itself, demands Trust in Us.
We repay that.

Now, that may becoming rare 'out there'.....but we'll be damned to sink to that percieved level.....

Regards, J

Pardon the rant 'n rave, but why let others drag you down?

Set your rules....if the 'other' doesn't respect that @ the beginning...

*shrug* "Sorry, no deal."

Pretty f'n simple, no?
I believe in pre haggling by messaging or emails. The condition and operation of the relevant equipment should be exposed and then agreed to. Then any shipping costs investigated and agreed to. Once a deal has been agreed to, ie the order/invoice paperwork is agreed to by both parties or intermediary, the funds are transferred, or what ever the safest way comfortable by BOTH parties.
As long as there is no dishonesties (unfortunately not guaranteed), both parties should be mostly be satisfied. As long as there is specific documentation accompanying the transaction as should be well. It also is essential to be honest and upfront about sellers and buyers expectations. (Who am I teaching?).
I have been done over once. My fault for being inexperienced and gullible. Once bitten, twice shy.

I now see myself as honest as I predict the second party to be. Now way will I rip someone off. Neither would I expect to be done over either. 🇦🇺 

I believe most people are honest and show at least some level of empathy. We help each other to achieve better things.

Then there are few people who do not look at you as a person but rather as a mark/asset ready to be exploited. They even come with silver tongues, masters at lies and deception. Sometimes you’ll find many with a short period of time. But don’t make the mistake of assuming this represents people as a whole - don’t let these few self centered people define your world view.

There is absolutely no benefit from stressing about it so don’t. All we can do is plan and screen the best that we can then sometimes roll the dice. Most/all of us have been fooled/snookered at least sometime, and chances are it may happen again. Don’t beat yourself up either. Don’t live in paranoid fear.

It’s easy to get angry when somebody wrongs you, but I try to understand the root cause to better to deal with them and is better for my mental health. I look at the world as endless potential wealth. If we came from huts, clubs, caves, where did all this stuff we enjoy come from? But some people look at the world as having limited pie slices, so they better hustle to get theirs before someone else, sometimes using decent. Often they think in terms of lack, glass half empty than half full. Something in their life programmed them to think this way, often negative.