Why the truth is not in them ??

I wonder how many people have been told something by a buyer, that was no where near the truth....I hate to think how many times I  have been told that I will send a Pay-Pal tomorrow, or I'll send you a check tonight....and never do anything of the kind.....I've been waiting for two weeks for a check from a guy in Michigan  , I have sold a item 13 times on another web-site based on what a person has told me and never received the first penny..........Does anyone tell the truth anymore ??   I have one web-site that I do business on that has a 98% negative truth rate.....Isn't that a poor way to deal with people ??     What are your experience ?? 
autospec
I also see pattern in the use of "friends and family"  on Pay-Pal when it is no such thing....Is that a little lie or a big lie ??   You know what it is ....Its the same thing...Its a lie, to profit from....What about Pay-Pal ??   Don't they deserve there money.....They sure do, its the cost of doing business, a person needs to pay that.....Pay -Pal has pulled my fat out of the fire a few times, saving me thousands of dollars on bad deals........... 
BUT you have not sold the item until you have received the payment. So always say that you will hold the item for X days until you receive the payment, If I do not receive the payment the item will be sold to the next person who was interested in buying it.  Just let those people know that you have an interested buyer who has said that they are sending the payment. If I do not receive the payment, I will contact you to see if you re still interested.

I have not had this problem selling any items though.
Why do business on a site that has has a 98% negativity rating ? If you decide to then expect to lied to 98% of the time.
Well I'm wondering myself why I keep doing that, but I guess I hope that it will improve, but I know better .. I wish there was a way to get people off that program, but I think that the "Big Guy" is the only one with those powers.....Only time will tell ??