Why the truth is not in them ??

I wonder how many people have been told something by a buyer, that was no where near the truth....I hate to think how many times I  have been told that I will send a Pay-Pal tomorrow, or I'll send you a check tonight....and never do anything of the kind.....I've been waiting for two weeks for a check from a guy in Michigan  , I have sold a item 13 times on another web-site based on what a person has told me and never received the first penny..........Does anyone tell the truth anymore ??   I have one web-site that I do business on that has a 98% negative truth rate.....Isn't that a poor way to deal with people ??     What are your experience ?? 
autospec
autospec, I didn't mean anything against your OP, in case you read it that way, I fully agree with you. Years ago, before internet, I advertised and instrument for sale at FIRM price. A man called and we agreed the price was firm. He came over with his son (whom it was for). Afterward, I got the feeling that he was going to "teach" his son how to do business. They came over, and the man tried to bargain down $60. After his haggling, I reminded him the price was firm, and he's only bargaining $60 less. So his tactic was "yes, we're only talking $60 less, so you should take it". I then said that it was no longer for sale. Then he finally "gave in" at the full price. I reminded him "sorry, but it's no longer for sale, please leave". He even phoned me after they got home, to please sell it at full price. I didn't. I was congenial all along, but keep agreements.
The clincher of that story is, I told him "we both know this is a very good deal". Some people are not happy unless they can haggle down, no matter how good of an initial bargain. 
@isochronism ,

’Some people are not happy unless they can haggle down, no matter how good of an initial bargain.’

Yes, but now we’re being advised by consumer groups to haggle down on all kinds of things ranging from vehicle insurance, energy provision to broadband contracts.

I personally don’t like it, and I don’t have the personality for it either, but some colleagues at work actually boast about how much they save this way.
Price fairly, and treat a buyer with respect.
That is my motto.
And, 
I haven't had a bad incident, yet.
In fact, I need to contact a buyer and see if the amps he bought are performing well...
Bob