Why the lack of Virtual System postings?

If you've noticed the severe decrease in Virtual System activity since the new format was introduced, it is probably due to the restriction on included images, to no more than 50.
As I, and many others already have more than 50 included on our Virtual System page......we are unable to add any new ones.
This means that all the most active Members' Systems are stuck in a virtual 'Time Warp' circa 2015 👀💤
I have many new cartridges, power conditioners and cables as well as tweeks which I simply can't add.
I've written to the moderators and they say that their Tech Dept will modify this if enough members write in...💻
I have always thought the Virtual Systems section set A'Gon apart from all the other Audio Forum Sites and it is disheartening to see this feature wither and die...
What are your thoughts....❓

128x128halcro

Showing 1 response by ct0517

Oh the irony
The Audiophile craves change and is never happy.
But when Audiogon makes a change ...everyone I know wants it back the way it used to be.

Bring back Vintage Audiogon are the cries......

The 50 picture limit I have no issue with - actually think it is rather generous .
hell I even managed to include pics of my running buddy Koaltar and my daughters cat in mine.
But they are out of date so I agree with what Lewm said about keeping things current.
My next system update will be updated dog and cat pics

What sucks and Audiogon staff know this.

The pictures are not shareable - being able to link posts to share info and experiences. Sharing information is one of the main reasons we have public chat forums. Pictures are worth a thousand words. And personal system pics are the most valued to me.
Sharing pics now in posts involves bringing in outside links.  

So Audiogon staff are aware of this, from my emails to them last spring, but I feel their hands are tied as far as doing anything about it due to "business priorities"

Virtual Systems do not generate revenue. Revenue is what allows us to keep using the site here to chat.

I think they should just outsource it to Almarg....  

:^)