Why the hate for mcintosh amps?

Why dont people,like mcintosh? Who motivates this?

so what are the alternatives??
emergingsoul

@roxy54 

I used a lot of different amps before,and bought brand new McIntosh MC352 and C2300,and use it for more than 5 years. 

Then I get a chance to demo listen Audio Research, and then you know I become Audio Research fans.  Audio Research let me understand the speed of sound is top  important, more important then the flavor.

Right now I use REF 75SE with LS25 MKI, which I will soon upgrade to 6SE.

@runwell 

“Congratulation! I can feel your happiness!  What is  your preamplifier?  The pre in your system must be well matched.”

My preamp is the Octave Jubilee from Germany which costs substantially more than the Mc2301s. I listened to BAT and Audio Research in Europe and they did not persuade me that I was in front of a stage as much as the combination that I have now.

Regardless, at this level, it is a matter of taste and listening interpretations, and your interpretation is probably vastly different from many others, as mine is as well. Therefore, we will never come to a 100% Agreement on what the sound we seek and hear is better than what others say. All I can say, is that, I am more than happy and enjoy what I have. Now, going even further, no other amps have persuaded me to stick with the same brand as McIntosh has. Combined with the speakers I don’t need to seek out any other brand amps or am even curious because it is a waste of my time. I am still curious so will not ever experiment if the opportunity presents itself, but I am not going out of my way to make it happen.

In fact, I am waiting on test reports of the newly announced MC3500 to see how these new 350 watt plus tube amps compare to the MC2301s. I suggest you stick with what you like and stop brandishing brands as poorly made, when in fact, I can say the same about other speakers and amp combinations. The value is in the execution of the combined equipment and the summation of that equates the outputs, some good or bad, according to certain people. Live and learn. 

@audioquest4life 

"In fact, I am waiting on test reports of the newly announced MC3500 to see how these new 350 watt plus tube amps compare to the MC2301s."

Are you working with McIntosh someway? It is my question.

@runwell 

”Are you working with McIntosh”

No, why would I? I will work with a dealer, of my choosing,  if I choose to get the MC3500. 

@runwell

You did answer my question and gave me a little more insight as to where you are coming from. Thank you.  I would agree that Macs are aggressive in the bass. Not so much on the 275 but I do hear it on the SS amps. I also have heard amps that are faster and tighter than they are. So, I think I get why they would not be to your liking. However, as with any amp pair it with right speaker and it weakness can become a strength.

I listen to the 452 mated with a pair of B&W 801’s I really liked the sound from that pairing. I also enjoyed them with Maggie’s and Focal’s too. As with all things audio though, this is a matter of my personal taste.

As to realism, I never found any brand that reproduced a recording to the point it fooled me into thinking I was present in the studio or at a concert. I actually abandoned that goal a while ago and focus on things that I find fun to listen to versus overall accuracy. Greatly appreciate you sharing a bit of yours audio journey with us, and providing a list of the equipment you are using. Deeply respect your view on ARC and the differences you are hearing. What you achieved with your system is no small feat.  I think synergy at the level you obtained is a goal lot of us are hard pressed to achieve.  I am also look at the Ref 6SE as a replacement for an aging but still working Sonic Frontiers Line One. I auditioned it for about three weeks and loved what it could do.