Why the cost increase?

I went to buy materials for a speaker project. I also priced some T-111 siding on 8" centers, 5/8 thick, Ship lap.
I hadn’t picked up any sheets or anything in over 18 months.

48" x 96 x 5/8 wood siding was 19-26.00 and on sale 15-20.00 per sheet, NOW 74-84.00 per sheet.

MDF 3/4" 48 x 96" if you can find it. 45-55.00 per sheet it was 22.00 to 27.00 per sheet.

2x4x8 DF stud grade 1.99-3.00 per. Now 4-6.00 per stud,

There is no shortage but there sure is a LOT of price gouging. NOTHING changed. Just the price..

The quality is worse. The workers aren’t paid worth a crap...Why the increase?

I’m getting ready to finish my home out. WOW.. I might have to rethink this a bit..

The price all most tripled in 12-18 months.. This kind of stuff is NOT cool at ALL.

Just my opinion of course. Any projects you’re doing get put on hold or STOPED?

YES I’m very frugal. Money never came easy, and it leaves the same way..

Ag insider logo xs@2xoldhvymec
Master M how are you doing my friend? Has the cost of goods slowed down your endless pursuit of "The sound". It sure has slowed mine..

The human factor, ya just never know.. The best of the best on AG.. pretty dog gone versatile I'd say..

The thread has HELD.. :-) Not like the story of Troy and Gilgamesh, "And the walls came DOWN"!.. :-)

I can still hear my grandmother in her Gaelic/Texas accent.

With a ma gleck ma glock thrown in every now and then..

There was a thread where someone was talking about TWO sweet spots. It reminded me of something you said in one of your experiments.. You had two different listening positions in the same room..

Be well.. Master M..

Feeding pigs? mercy.. For real, feeding pigs, or "feeding the pig" as in piggy bank?

With great respect.
Master M how are you doing my friend? Has the cost of goods slowed down your endless pursuit of "The sound". It sure has slowed mine..

The human factor, ya just never know.. The best of the best on AG.. pretty dog gone versatile I’d say..

The thread has HELD.. :-) Not like the story of Troy and Gilgamesh, "And the walls came DOWN"!.. :-)

I can still hear my grandmother in her Gaelic/Texas accent.

With a ma gleck ma glock thrown in every now and then..

There was a thread where someone was talking about TWO sweet spots. It reminded me of something you said in one of your experiments.. You had two different listening positions in the same room..

Be well.. Master M..

Feeding pigs? mercy.. For real, feeding pigs, or "feeding the pig" as in piggy bank?
My deepest respect for you....

I like all your posts colored style....

You have a big heart....And it is more important than being right or not....

And i am also a bit worry by the way about the actual economic inflation and deflation problem to come...

I know that you would figure out my metaphor about piggy banks....I always feed them well and with never any debts i survive feeding my "pigs"....
😉
You always figure out anything relatively well it seems....

😊

By the way 2 sweet spots are not exactly what i spoke about, because near listening and regular listening position are not so much 2 "sweet spots" but instead 2 always possible locations of the body for any speakers listening... A " sweet spot" for listening is an optimal very precise location which concept is linked to measures with an equalizer and a microphone for some specific frequencies and where the head/ears position exact in millimeters is critical...

My mechanical equalizer dont work with a small set of frequencies but with a wider band set like in a human voice timbre , and is not fine tuned by a feed back microphone method but tuned by ears.... Then i own 2 optimal locations because my room was tuned rightfully mechanically with my ears....Neither of them is a "sweet spot" in the electronicallly measuring sense of the words...For sure there is always a singular "sweet spot" for imaging in any room for any head being between 2 speakers...But the width of my "sweet spot" in my regular listening position is not too small but a bit larger unlike in electronically measured frequencies feedback guiding rules....And my mechanical equalizer tamed the bass frequencies unlike an electronical one...Then the timbre perceptive experience is better and way more natural...We must remember that any Helmholtz resonators is at the same time a diffuser of some frequencies which are not absorbed by the device which always own, relatively to his precise ratio parts, some absorbing quality for the other frequencies... ..... Like you already know the cost of this grid of resonators is peanuts....Which is a great price to pay by these days....

I apologize if i seem pedantic here.... I respect you too much to pretend to anything with you.... But i like to speak my mind with a friend....
(Ah....maybe balm has arrived @ this corner of AG.....we'll see...;)...)

Have a simple kvetch over the $/lumber morph into a series of 'slap-squabbles' is a truly amazing thing to scan, really.....🙄

...all this time I've been more curious about o.h.m.'s speaker project, which Finally surfaces (kinda).....being a woodbutcher of sorts....*S*

So....what up with dat? *L*
’.... her Gaelic/Texas accent.’

I’d have loved to have heard her speak......but I’m just a fan of ’accents’ in our voices. *s* ’Audible DNA’, that sort of thing....

Me? SoCal, overlaid w/SF~NoCal+HOU+Appalanchian of late...

(Mid Century SoCal meaning y’all grew up on ’radio/TV’ as an influence) ...a rather homogenized ’non-accent’ that might be one of a sort...

...or a crass move to nudge this into ’calmer waters'....;)
As always Master M your approach is value minded and very enlightened.

I’ve been watching my nickel and dime projects turn to 5 and 10.00 dollar and now to 100-1000.00 dollar projects.

It did take 50 years though.

As for the 2 X sweet spot I’m just trying to stretch mine as I stand up.

The Bass just swells as I stand and the HF just goes away.

I’m convinced it’s possible, BUT in doing so I did make a discovery by turning the ribbon HF driver from a horizontal to a vertical plane. I had forgotten the NUMBER of degrees between vertical and horizontal like 45/225 and 215/135 degrees the X vs +

https://www.parts-express.com/Aurum-Cantus-G2Si-Ribbon-Tweeter-276-400

That really change the way my ears collect the HF wave (5khz >)
Especially 215/135 degrees vs 45/225 / degrees.

I’m just wondering what a line source of / or \  would sound like with 8" tall x 3 wide drivers.
The clocking combination are endless top to bottom

The G1s are 900 to 40,000 khz

https://www.parts-express.com/Aurum-Cantus-G1-Ribbon-Tweeter-276-420

Single drivers clocked differently on a vertical plane in a narrow baffle..

I think this is the one.. Now to get the visual correct. :-)

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

asvjerry my grandmother was called PaPaw pretty common. she lived from 1889-1988 she was 99 when she moved on to heaven..

Played the piano for the Southern Baptist church for 75 years or so. 

I can here her playing "Just as I Am" just like it was yesterday..

She was greatest influence in my spiritual and really my WHOLE life.. She would reach out and cup my ears and whisper, "It's not what you know, It's who ya know" Then she would wink, give me a kiss on the forehead and smile.

Regards