why so many gryphon diablo 300 integrated for sale now?

I get it when many amplifier from big name companies are resold on audiogon because there are so many out there just weird recently began seeing 2 or 3 gryphon diablo integrated for sale here and on us audiomart (not same unit).....

Timing is funny because when I had the pass integrated was considering auditioning the gryphon diablo because thought the warmer sound might be better suited for my taste.....but none were avail used here to give a try......new was too pricey....

well now I love my pass monoblocks and now they can be find at very reasonable prices......I guess a good opportunity for someone else.....the chatter was they were giant killers but perhaps as most things here YMMV....audiophiles are a fickle bunch......well I am sure should make someone happy to get it...
128x128karmapolice

Showing 1 response by nyev

The only situation in which I could see myself selling mine, other than financial disaster, is the opposite scenario where I become far, far more wealthy and can afford to move up the Gryphon chain. But these are the only scenarios that could cause me to sell mine. Oh yeah, and if my wife and I go completely deaf. Actually, just if I go deaf! As an aside to the OP: was playing OK Computer on repeat all through the night on my Diablo to continue burning it in. Karma Police (and other tracks) all sounded great. Every prior hifi system I’ve tested or owned has decimated this record to the point where it was so thin and harsh that it becomes unlistenable.  The Diablo somehow makes it incredible again.