Why so many angry audiophiles?

Just wondering. Music is supposed to soothe the soul. If you are in reasonably good health for your age, have a good system and good music to play on it you have it pretty good it seems to me. These are blessings! Be thankful for what you got?

Just a thought.  That's how I see it.
128x128mapman
@gavman,

"Anger is a rational response to current events, and to the failures of others to recognise them for what they are. One half of our nation has been lied to by the media they consume, and had their worst impulses cultivated by those that see political advantage in greed, divisiveness, and xenophobia.
The other half recoils in horror at the base venality, and anger at the incompetence and injustice."

Absolutely! And we all know what happens to repressed anger, don’t we?

The problem is that some get stuck in an anger loop where nothing, no victory, big or small, can break what may have become habitual.

All those who have been hating on one certain individual for the past 4/5 years may soon need to look elsewhere to vent their seemingly endless vitriol.

[I can't even say his name for fear of inciting an attack of further irrational apoplexy amongst some of us here.]

Recent events have generally helped no one other than billionaire globalists and billionaire global pharmaceuticals. It’s certainly been a great year for the likes of Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk! Things seem to be going pretty well according to plan in the people’s Republic of China.

Many of us are still trying to follow the official line handed down to us by our elected representatives, desperately hoping for a return to something like normal. Hoping to soon put the past year down as a bad memory. A black mark in our history.

The rest of us try to find ways to adapt to what is now being called the new normal having lost all credence in the perennially uncommital words of self serving politicians.

This is why we all still look for pleasure in music and the arts. This is why we all still value high performance audio equipment.

It can be a serious business at times but going by what’s happening on other forums, websites, Twitter etc I still like to believe, comparatively speaking, that we are a bunch of well mannered and civil individuals.

@sbank,

because Yoko Ono.
because "perfect sound forever".
because mp3.
because compression.
because internet throttling.
because I can’t browse local record stores during pandemic.

All those things too, although 320kbps is far from bad.

Without knowing it, @glupson summarized the answer to this thread by doing nothing other than quoting the same person, three times in one post from another thread ...
glupson6,832 posts01-18-2021 6:52pm
"Frank and I are two of a very select small group who actually knows what they’re talking about."
"The man who thinks he has all the answers has after all no reason to go looking.

That’s our empty suit."

@edcyn....The drawback of employing felines to to do your IC's is that as a whole, they see cables as merely very long shoelaces (complete with the 'hard ends').  And the inability to read poses a somewhat larger problem....

Just think:  Amp speaker output to a TT in....

*Foom*