Why price of Tannoy speakers from online retailers in UK is cheaper than in US

I am looking for a pair of new Tannoy Kensington GR speakers. I notice the price from many online retailers in UK is cheaper than in US.  I believe they are authorized dealers because their websites are listed on Tannoy website.  Current price in UK for a pair of Tannoy Kensington GR Speakers is 9290 pounds(approximately 12K USD). Price in US is 9K/each or 18K/pair.   If we add shipping fee and import taxes and duties, it is still significantly less than the price in US. does anyone have  experience with buying Tannoy speakers directly from UK retailers.  Your input is appreciated.
michael8853
In the biz it's referred to as gray market buying. If you do buy that way, in the event of warranty needs you will receive no help from the U.S. distributor.
It’s the same thing in reverse..... go compare the price of TOTEMS sold domestically by dealers on this side of the pond, versus the price charged by UK dealers 

The variance is  an alchemy of numerous components, including inter Alia:
- foreign exchange spread,
- OEM - local distributor negotiatiated dealer price-list to incorporate local warranty costs carried by that distributor  (another buried FX component therein ) ,
- freight,
- duties (a big one) ..... the UK has a much broader OEM brand population to promote and protect (and vice versa) 
- other bespoke marketing items e.g There are examples of the same price in absolute values, except it’s dollars vs pounds. The local currency rules in terms of customer brand awareness.

FWIW...
Import Duties on speakers are 4.9% easy to look up on Customs Import tariffs.
I was/am thinking of shipping my speakers to the US, for a size of speaker a little bigger than the Tannoys and with a total shipping weight of  about 500lbs I was quoted approx 700 Pounds Sterling or $900 at today's currency exchange rate from a shipping company in the UK.