Why not use a PC style UPS?

Most power conditioning systems found for Home Theater seem to be quite pricey. I am most likely very naive to the technical aspects, but it seems to me that a much less costly alternative could be found mated to your computer... an active UPS. Just wondering what I am missing. Thanks in advance for your assistance and insight.

Jeff
jeffcarlson

Showing 1 response by mt10425

I just picked up one of the APC units Sugarbrie is talking about, the A15 yesterday. It replaced a Powervar and I'll not go back. I am most impressed with the performance. It has isolated filter banks for "Video" (TV & VCR), "High Current" (Amps & Subs), "Digital" (all the rest), 3 sets of coax, phone jacks (1 in, 2 out), IEC (with what appears to be a 12ga 8ft power cord). After setting it upand powering up, I thought my Sony Wega 35in CRT was almost an HD, the audio sounded more coherent and the blue lit front of the A15 is just plain cool. Oh, I forgot to mention that it provides adjustable Voltage Regulation. The surge protection seems to be second to none and is fully guaranteed. I'm quite happy with it.