Why my system has detail but no body & warm vocal?

My system:
B&W 602S3
Rotel RA-972 int amp
Rotel RCD-975
Kimber 4Tc speaker cord
Kimber hero interconnect

When I listen to Barbra Streisand or Lionel Richie's song, it has detail but no body. The vocal is thin and laid back.

What is my weak point? I am thinking about try Audio analogue Puccini or Arcam A75 amp, and try Arcam CD72 CD player. Is it a right direction to go?
yxlei
Post removed 
Newbee: I agree with your clarification whole-heartedly. If you notice, the first part of my original post stated that i thought that the components selected could result in such a problem as Yxlei was describing. I also stated that Yxlei should try to optimize the speakers and room placement prior to doing anything else. If everything is set-up as good as possible and the problem persists ( and it probably will because of component selection ), THEN more drastic steps should be taken. Suggesting cable changes as an instant "cure-all" is kind of like saying that one should fill a gaping wound with sand in order to stop the bleeding. Sure, the bleeding will stop, but you've got one helluva infection that you'll have to deal with at a later date. The more appropriate approach would be to get to the root of the problem. In doing so, one may become as healthy as possible without having to deal with gross side-effects getting there.

Ron: Good basic and inexpensive suggestions and is an excellent "quick & dirty" approach to finding out how much room treatment one needs and where it would be most appropriate. Whether or not it has a very high WAF or Martha Stewart approves is another story : )

Using Ron's temporary approach above and you find out what you need, a good source for "inexpensive" ( by "audiophile" standards at least ) sources for room treatment materials can be found at Markertek. They also have a good variety of other audio / electronic related items, so folks that are not familiar with them should take a look at the website when they get a chance. Sean
>
Hi:

Thanks for all your good advices,

I did go through all the local audio shop and bring home 12 interconnects(under USD 130) and 3 speaker cords(USD3-7 per foot) before I picked Kimber Hero and 4TC. I feel tired if I need to do it again.

My listening room is 5m x 3.5m. I put speaker on the short side. speakers is 55 inch apart and 20 inch away from the wall. I use B&W regular stand come with the speaker. I put amp and cd player side by side on the carpet. Windows are all covered by thick curtain. I like soft and slow music like "the Carpenters"

I know changing cables, power cord can make improvement, but I am thinking about change my main component first.

If I use Arcam A75 or Puccini amp and Arcam cd72 cd player with Kimber hero, will it get too warm?
Your speakers are too close together unless you sit right on top of them. Unless you do sit nearfield, this also tells me that you need to spend more time experimenting with placement. Changing the stands can also affect tonal balance. What you hear will depend on the speakers' height above the floor and the angle of the speakers' trajectory. Obviously, toe-in, distance from back and side walls, etc... all come into play also. This is not to mention the acoustics of the room itself.

If you change components, you will effectively change the tonal balance of the system. Problem with this is that you may not like the match that you have with your current cables. Since you've already tried out several different cables, i'm assuming that you did hear a difference in them and realize that you may have to do this again after changing components. Sean
>
When a system sounds "thin," it means that there is a lack of body in the upper bass and lower midrange, which contribute to the fullness of voices and instrumental texture.
The first place to start is at the beginning. My experience with Rotel gear is that it has "detail," but is a bit on the lean side. Also, what you're talking about is "dimensionality," which is a sense of a palpable, invisible person or instrument right in front of you, either between or behind the speakers. The equipment DOES have everything to do with that.
First, ALWAYS start with your source equipment. CD player, turntable or the like. Although it may be something further down the line (i.e., interconnects or speaker cable), the source will ALWAYS show you whether or not it itself is contributing to the issue at hand.
Borrow one that has fuller sound. You mentioned the Arcam 23, which has a fuller sound. See how that improves - or changes the overall musical feeling of the system.
Then try the interconnect, especially if you have the same manufacturer's brand throughtout your system. First the interconnect between the source and the preamp/integrated connection.
You'll need to replace each piece of equipment, BUT!!! Manufacturers have a "sound" they believe in. Rotel, from what I know, is not particularly 3 dimensional and you have, perhaps, aggravated it with cabling that is also on the lean side of neutral.
And finally, be sure your power cords do NOT touch the interconnects or run across the speaker cables. Keep them at least several inches away from each other, or you'll introduce hash into the upper midrange sound.
Good Luck!