Why limit yourself to one streaming service?

I’m always puzzled when I read posts from people with 10K+ systems who feel they have to choose between Tidal or Qubuz or whatever. Sign up for however many brings you more joy. That’s my two cents.

128x128m669326

Yep!  Indeed, anything goes in high end audio, so if you got the pennies to spend, then by all means, spend them!

I like to have one system that I know well, am comfortable with, and operates seamlessly.

Most songs are on both tidal and qobuz at the same resolution so having both is mostly duplication.

If there becomes an issue where there are  many songs available only on 1 or the other sources, then it would necessitate getting both. Haven’t seen that or even close to that yet.

Jerry

Hi Jerry,

I guess it depends on what genres and how obscure your music choices are. I find lots of things on Deezer, for example, that aren't on Qubuz.

As is mentioned above, Qobuz and Tidal generally cover too much of the same territory to make it imperative to have both.

When it came time, though, to track down a second streaming service for my all consuming, gotta-have-it-all classical needs, I ended up getting Idagio. 

For a time I subscribed to the classical streaming service Primephonic, but when Primephonic got subsumed by Amazon, I decided to switch to the scrappy German classical provider.  True, Idagio doesn't offer Hi Def, but their CD quality streams are more than good enough for me. Putting it another way, the Idagio dudes & dudettes have first class sets of ears.

I guess it depends on what genres and how obscure your music choices are. I find lots of things on Deezer, for example, that aren’t on Qubuz.

If Roon ever integrates with Deezer I might add that along with my Qobuz subscription.  I had it for years before going to Qobuz.  I think its great.