Why is Oppo stopping products.

Just went to their website and they are no longer making new products. 
kw6
@prpixel 

The Apple TV can decode CD quality audio (16 bit 44.1khz PCM) (and I believe the nVidia shield will as well if the app support it) and at least the nVidia Shield can 'pass through' lossless surround formats (DTS-MA and Dolby TrueHD) though you need a processor on the other end to decode the signal.  Apple just announced enhancements to the AppleTV 4K this past week including Dolby Atmos support, right now it doesn't seem clear whether that's going to be true uncompressed Atmos or Atmos in a DD+ container though.  

I'd be curious how many people have a dual-use system for both HT and 2-channel music though.  I have my 2-channel rig in a separate room from the HT, and I don't do any music listening in the HT room.  
T,

Looks like you're right.  ATV 4k can output 16/44.1 if audio quality is set to "best".  Otherwise, everything is mixed to DD.  I'll have to do some more research on my Roku, but I think it's similar to ATV.  The Nvidia shield does to hi-res over HDMI.  I'll have to look into that.  Thanks for the heads up.

They sent me an email basically asking me to commit to the purchase of a new TOTL DVD player. I waited a while and email back agreeing to purchase.
Yes, I am in dual use mode for my system, all output from 103 exits thru analog output jacks. Using the 103 for D/A conversion makes sense for my system and I like the way it sounds... This has also given me opportunity to compare 103 in two channel setting with my dac and modded transport etc.OPPO gear is worth the money they are asking.