Why is Monster M1000i interconnect overlooked?

Category: Cables

Just purchased a pair of RCA's for my system and all I can say is Holy Mother of the Audio Gods...what a Freakin Great interconnect!!! I've had $20K cable rigs that pale by comparison to what this one interconnect has done for my system...my enjoyment of music! Coherent, dynamic, extended, full of texture, color and most importantly...palpability out the ying yang...like a great tube amp was placed in my system, except I have a Krell integrated!! Another example of how the industry mavens push product and not musical enjoyment!!
128x128dave_b
I didn't think I was being stubborn.

In fact, I took them out of service to experiment with some modestly priced Signal Cables following recommendations from some of you.

But now that my Monsters will approach 25 years of burn in, maybe I should put them back in the system?
Forgive me - I see now I did use the word "stubbornly".

But this pertained to my resistance to spending big bucks, not to hanging on to my old cables.

carlosacns535 let me know how I can outperformn anything in my system without breaking the bank and I am listening.
I have owned two pairs of M-1000i (in fact still have one) as well as Monster M1mkII speaker cables.
They are truly great Cables. Yes, they are on the warm side (like most Cardas) of neutral - but many of us need/want exactly that. In the right system they can give a full-boddied sound, big soundstage, fine palpability and vocals, bass energy and slam ... I've compared many cables with them (even much costlier) but non of them could justify the price difference.
Listened to them with solid state and tube equipment and they never dissapointed.
There are BETTER and more "modern" cables today but these Monsters stay a very option good IF you or your system need "warmer" cables.
Like everyone else on this site I have many different brand cables and have tried many cables over the years. A couple years ago I figured I would give subject interconnect a try ... there so cheap used anyway. To make a long story short, I am very impressed, they hold up to cables costing many times more. Its also all a question of synergy. Bottom line, there is no need to spend a fortune on cables.....unless you want to impress the crowd with wires. Cables...probably the biggest scam of this industry.
10-02-13: David_d
There are BETTER and more "modern" cables today but these Monsters stay a very option good IF you or your system need "warmer" cables.

I think you nailed it right there David_d. I just inserted a 2 meter pair of M1000i between preamp and amp in place of a pair of Tara Labs The One because after playing around with several cables and cords, my system was now bordering on the edge of too much detail, a tad lean sounding. The M1000i's definitely brought some much needed warmth and fullness back to the sound. No, these cables are not the answer for those chasing the utmost in resolution and detail, but if you are just looking for an inexpensive, warm, musical cable, these M1000i's are hard to beat for the $$$