Why is abusive, negative content allowed?

There’s a certain member here, I think we all know who I am talking about, who continues to be little everyone else here with their rude and condescending remarks.  He continually tries to insult and creat strife and division.  It is not healthy for productive conversations or for the site.  
Why will the moderators allow this poison to ruin the site?  They are turning people off from coming here and trying to start positive, useful content.

It’s a cancer that should be removed otherwise it’s going to have detrimental effects on this site.  Is that so hard to understand for the moderators?

Tammy is so incredibly helpful but I don’t understand why this negative behavior is allowed to continue and fester...

128x128b_limo
Nothing to be done I suppose, but the atheists populating so many threads with: you can't measure it/defend it by theory so it can't be real gets old.   
@audiokinesis  and anyone else for that matter:

Just for the record, most forums don't allow free speech as stated in their guidelines when you agree to their terms and conditions to be on the forum.

Kenjit seems to be trolling audiogon- his posts are textbook examples. Not only are his OPs trolling, so are all of his succeeding posts in any thread.

I am a moderator on another site FWIW. Nearly all forum sites have rules like no religious or political comments, no swearing, no name calling, no trolling, no spam and so on. Some sites don't even allow the use of symbols to simulate swearing! So if anyone is disabused of the idea that there is free speech here, there isn't, plain and simple. There is speech that falls within the guidelines of the rules of the site.

Continuing to violate the forum rules can result in being banned. That's not free speech. You have to follow the rules since this is on a privately-owned site, like most sites.

Now take a look at my second paragraph above. Under forum rules, I cannot call anyone names or be abusive. But in the second paragraph by the use of the word 'seems' I made sure that I wasn't calling him a troll; this was to allow this post to stand according to the rules. A good moderator will see that this is treading a fine line, but that's how its done if you want a post to stand.

Admin
Audiogon Official
05-06-2020 8:03pm
@b_limo There really is no need for a thread like this. If something or someone is troubling you can you send me an email to [email protected], attention: Tammy  
Sorry to disagree, Tammy.  But, I think it's something that should be said, and publicly if only to see that there are many people who feel this way.  Personally, I'm no longer reading nearly as often as I did a year ago, and have basically stopped participating.  It's because of the know-it-all people who seem to have an agenda, and if you say anything to disagree with their agenda, you are personally attacked.  

There was a time when you could participate in an informed, educational discussion here.  But, now, within the first 5 posts, most threads are derailed by one particular person, and sometimes several people who chime in and start arguing with each other and others in the thread.  I've given up, and take my energy and enthusiasm elsewhere.  Or, I just turn on the music and forget about AG.  

Honestly, I think this forum's attitude has gotten out of hand, and I believe it has hurt the participation, and it would not surprise me if it also has hurt overall selling here too.  I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one here who feels this way.  You can see the impact if you follow a few threads... the OP asks, people chime in, the Loudners show up, and OP stops participating, and thread devolves.  It's just not welcoming any longer.

I hope you can get it back on a friendly path.
Also interesting to note that of the top offenders I've seen... they aren't here defending themselves.  It's a nice respite from them, actually.  This is probably the only current thread where they aren't spreading hate, condescension and general blather.  Tells me that they know who they are.
The key is to use the report this button as needed to report rule violations.
Mods do not have the ability it seems to assure that the rules are adhered to otherwise so all should use the tools provided to assist. 
Once an offending post is made it’s inevitable that others will follow.  
If you care about the site content you have to use the tools provided to enforce the rules. 
Hopefully enough care to hep make it a better place