Why HiFi manufacturers don't make active crossovers anymore?

Hello to all,

On the recent days, I noticed that a lot of manufacturers of Hifi 2 channel systems, had plenty of options in a not so long past, of active crossovers, like Luxman, Accuphase, higher end Sony stuff, and many more, why do you think HiFi manufacturers abandoned the inclusion of active cross overs, channel dividers, in their lineup?

Accuphase still makes a digital one.

Appears that this devices are only still relevant in the Pro Audio world, why Home HifI abandoned the active cross over route? It's correct to assume that?

I think that can be very interesting tri-amp a three way loudspeakers with active cross overs, would like to know more about it too...

Share your thoughts about the subject, experiences in bi-amp and tri-amp with active crossovers and etc....

Thanks!
128x128cosmicjazz
@mahlman

I use the 2x8 mini DSP. All filters are run at 24x96 and I have everything connected via balanced connections. The computer interface is simple and intuitive. Basic slopes are easy to create and load. On the 2x8 I added a selector knob which offers multiple options for source and many configurations for each source based on what you are listening to. For example I have a 5db increase on the subs for movies. Having the extra oomph is fun, makes friends jump out of their seats :) I also got the add on for SPDIF inputs which is lossless and seamless from my Mac Mini. 

I bought the board and case separately that they offer. It’s a very high quality piece of equipment. The flexibility is impressive.

The 2x4 only offers RCA connections and runs at 24x48. Depending on your application and size limitations I would spend a little more and go with the 2x8 option.
The best crossover is a high grade capacitor to roll off the bass going into the mid/high.

If you are going to go with multiple amps, or a satellite/sub, this is a really good compromise. No more parts, or power supplies, at the expense of only having a 6 db/octave rolloff.

If you use sealed (or plugged ported) speakers you can increase your speaker's dynamic range, improve your power handling somewhat as well.
I have a Luxman integrated that lets me separate the pre from the main amp and I'm thinking about doing exactly this.

Sorry, but I can't help but chuckle at the image of all these "audiophiles" wringing their hands over active crossovers being digital and too complicated, modern DSP crossovers do it all quick, clean and efficiently no matter what configuration you are trying, Bi, Tri, 2.1. Trust me, you won't hear any degradation from this unit and any bi-amp or tri-amp system will sing like never before. 
https://dbxpro.com/en/products/driverack-venu360
I was introduced to active crossovers (pre-digital) while working as a soundman for clubs and bands back in the early 90's and it allowed me to get the most out of whatever I had in the way of speakers and amps, which BTW is usually all run in mono. I took home a basic 2/3 way stereo X-over and started playing with it and was able to get some remarkable results with a little fine tuning. B/K Sonata 5ch amp worked great. Clarity and power like crazy, and solid thump out of subs instead of boom.
Today's technology makes it easy precise if you can get over your digi-fear.
Very interesting thread. I'm relatively electronics-ignorant compared to many here--but still have a story to tell.

I'm a longtime audiophile who, for reasons too complex to outline here, has been confined to desktop audio in home office for ~20 yrs.
For a long time I used a modest 2.1 active system in my home office: 2 X NHT Pro M-00 satellites + S-00 sub. The output of my preamp du jour went to RCA input of the sub; and the RCA outputs (shorn of frequencies <100 Hz, went to the satellites. I tried this same sub w/other active satellites and it always sounded good. 

Then I upgraded to an SVS SB-1000 sub, which also has a filtered output (big reason that I selected it). Using the same wiring as before, I became aware that the sound from my satellites (which eventually morphed to passive monitors driven by a big class D amp) didn't sound quite right. My current monitors, ATC SCM12 Pro, ran straight from amp/no sub for awhile and so I know how these very resolving monitors should sound. But driven by the output of the SB-1000, not so good.

I picked up a gently used Marchand XM66 variable 2-way crossover w/24 dB slopes. Installed that (everything got more complicated), but immediately heard that exact same ATC sound that had been compromised off the output of the SB-1000. So consider this an electronic crossover success story.

EXCEPT...upon installing the XM66, I've had a ground loop ever since. Have tried almost everything to eradicate it. I think it's the crossover, which basically connects to most of the power supplies on my complicated desktop. 

(no perfect world)
I have been using Marchand Electronics crossover for 2+ years and have been very happy. Phil Marchand is a very knowledgeable person and can guide you to what you want. Part quality is superb, price is very reasonable, crossover modules are very reasonably priced and you can experiment with slopes, crossover points, single ended or balanced etc. without breaking your bank. Pass crossover uses least used and difficult design whereas, Marchand uses Linkwitz Riley, has no phase problems. My speakers are 4 way and tried about 4-5 different crossover points, liked the present one and have stayed with it. Not a difficult job for someone that is not an engineer. Sound is much better than passive crossover, more dynamic.
thanks,