Why have the prices of Marantz and Sansui speakers have gone up so much? Whyyyy???

Couldnt give them away before. If they were considered junky sounding before how are they all of sudden golden sounding and collectable and people spending stupid money on them? Im at a loss of words.
vinny55
actaman ,  Pretty will established that if you hear a LOT of classical music
you brain will fill in the same sound you heard at 16 at 86 .
Well I rather like my old lattice grille Sansui speakers. Admittedly, they're all garage sale or Craigslist items of questionable parentage and minimum cost but given good tube amplification they can sound glorious. that doesn't mean that I don't avoid fancy pants speakers, it just means that I don't delude myself that you must spend a boatload or it can't sound good. I've had plenty of expensive gear that wasn't all that great.My old Sansui speakers are fun. That's the whole idea.
@ yogiboy, Hi, I wouldn’t sale my vintage gem receiver for any price! I’m not sure how much experience in audio you have , although this is not my video, my unit sounds as good and looks as good, I’ve compared it to some over priced junk like rega osiris $10,000.00 integrated amplifier, etc... and other $15,000.00 any thing amplifier’s, yes my main amplifier is better, but then again, I have the only modified krell 700cx out there, by advice of Dan D Agostino on what to do, And all work done by Krell factory, any way, here is the video https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gf5hU_FQz4k

schubert
: Very simple, old folks buy things they could not afford that they wanted in their youth .
+1

It’s just like the muscle car fad that had it’s zenith 10 years ago. They aren’t faster, better performing, safer, more comfortable, reliable or arguably better looking than today’s cars. Each generation goes through this when they reach about 50.