Why has Avantgarde Quality Slipped ?

I purchased a pair of Duo Omega Speakers last year.

The dealer came to the house and installed them along with all the electronics.

From the first time the speakers played their was a noise in the left speaker and the speaker connection kept dropping out. It took a few weeks to convince the dealer to return and take the internal speaker amp back to his shop.

In the end it took about 4 visits to my house to repair both new speakers plus it cost me another $800 dollars to fix the new speakers.

I've had problems with Avantgarde and the speakers from day one, spent lots of money repairing them, several weeks without any speakers and now just recently I've written three letters to Avantgarde and that have not acknowledged a single letter!

What happen to them? Is the company now run by Accountants instead of music lovers?

Has anyone else had problems with Avantgarde customer service and poor quality control or is it just how they deal with people living in Asia?
avantgardescrewedme

Showing 1 response by maril555

As an Avantgarde owner, I would like to share my personal experience with the dealers and the company.
I bought my pair new from a dealer about 1 1/2 years ago, and it was delivered directly from Avantgarde factory in Germany to my door.
Speakers were absolutely trouble-free, not even a hint of a problem.
I've met Armin Krauss, one of the Avantgrde principals many times in person at CES, even before I bought my pair, and he's nothing, but very courteous and very attentive person.
None of the arrogance and "HI-Fi" attitude, some people in the industry exhibit.
Since I've had my speakers, I had a number of technical questions, and Avantgarde never failed to respond within 24 hours with very friendly and detailed explanations.
When Armin was away on a business trip, some other guy (I forgot his name now) took over, and answered my concern as promptly.
In lieu of my experience, the OP thread sounds very suspicious and questionable to me, to say the least.
I could imagine, Avantgarde speakers are not immune to technical failures, like any piece of electronics, and since the problem with his speakers occured immediately after delivery, I would certainly suspect shipping damage, like a loose contact, or something else of similar nature, as a culprit.
If I were him, I would also be much more careful about posting my assumptions and accusations in the open forum under these very circumstances- it can damage a good company reputation for sure, and Avantgarde, as a company, deserves much better.
As a last comment, I know quite a number of current and past Avantgarde owners, and has never, even once, heard of a mechanical problem with their speakers. Call my sample biased, if you will, but that's a fact.