Why don’t tube amps sound like tubes anymore?

When I hear the latest tube amps I’m more reminded of what a solid state amp sounds like than what I remember a tube amp once sounded like. I say that, with most tube amps I hear today, but not all. Gone seems to be the lush tones, warm glow and natural harmonics I used to hear. What I hear is more of a thoroughbred, faster, sharper sound when I listen to a modern tube design today. Then why use tubes?
hiendmmoe
Post removed 
The short answer is it's the new production tubes that are the culprit.IMHO NOS tubes in front along with new production tubes for the output are the best of both worlds:-)
Its always tough to generalize, but the long term trend has been for solid state to less harsh and grainy and tubes to less lush and syrupy. Or solid state more full and rounded and tubes more tight and clean. However you want to put it.  

Why is probably because most of us are trying to get to the truth, and so over time the two approaches are bound to converge.

This is why i switched to solid state years ago plus i hated tubes going out and taking out tweeters.