Why does the aurender N100h sound so bright and edgy

Have ps audio direct  stream dac hooked to the aurender n100h , replacing my Mac mini ,the sound was bright and edgy with poor bottom end  , playing through my Franco serblin ktemas , and WYETECH Ruby momoblooks  must be a defective unit
pavpet

Showing 2 responses by audioman58

I have not found any of the above to be true. 
If this were the case it would not have won at least 5 individual awards.
I have the 2 Terabyte hard drive  and  have my whole library on the internal drive.
I wanted to  mention  I have a good  Cardas power cord and a 
Audioquest Diamond digital cable which the 2 cables have a lot to do with  this.
It sounds like a faulty power supply you are experiencing or very bad mains 
If in the city .  

I can assure uou if you put all hirez files, or Flac,Wav files usjng the internal 
2Terabyte hard drive this would not be the issue.  Running a  iMac you are looking 
Detail server based knly is the way to go.  What are uou guys running gof dacs ? 
And Yes  the digital cable does count. I am using a Audio Quest Diamond.
If the Aurender 100H was this bad it woild not have won at least 5 mayor awards.
I compared everyhing from $3k on down. I had thd Bryson-2 player 
This unit is  better ,and  Aries was not as refined soundjng snd built like a plastic toy compared with internal 2T drive weighs over 10 lbs
And the Biggest memory buffer by far a Solid State 120 Gigabyte. Compare this  with Any competitor. P.s Bryson recommended and is great , DB Power amp
This not only will rip cd but will take your digital files from Apple and convert them 
To Wav,or Flac files,or many other file types for under $40. A great product to get .