Why does most new music suck?

Ok I will have some exclusions to my statement. I'm not talking about classical or jazz. My comment is mostly pointed to rock and pop releases. Don't even get me started on rap.... I don't consider it music. I will admit that I'm an old foggy but come on, where are some talented new groups? I grew up with the Beatles, Who, Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Hendrix etc. I sample a lot of new music and the recordings are terrible. The engineers should be fired for producing over compressed shrill garbage. The talent seems to be lost or doesn't exist. I have turned to some folk/country or blues music. It really is a sad state of affairs....Oh my god, I'm turning into my parents.
goose
Without civility, any hobby like high end audio best characterized as a form of OCD would self destruct in no time.

Can high end audio continue to survive? We'll see. If it doesn't, I'm probably still not quite ready to predict the end of civilization as we know it. Unless lead there similarly by other OCD types, you know the ones....
06-05-13: Csontos
I really don't see a lack of civility here.
Then you missed it. Here's a sample, each from a different contributor...
You must be old.

...you might as well go on Eagles tour or cough up $500 for a Stones ticket. It sounds as if your stone gathered moss long ago.

Most new things (music, fashion, books, art, ect.) suck because you've gotten old and become inflexible. You know what you know and really don't want to know anything else.

You are sucking lemons. Sorry you are missing out. Oh wait, I am not sorry.

If you aren't willing to do that and don't like what is out there today, then stay at home, listen to your superbly recorded albums from yesteryears and enjoy.

Hopefully you'll see the light before you die...
Sounds like lack of civility to me.
I'd be disappointed had this thread become an exercise in etiquette.

You really gotta hate those snobby tube guys though:)
Anyone who has read my posts will recognize the absurdity of these remarks.

Bryon
Frederich Nietzsche... "And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music".
Frederich Nietzsche... "And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music".
Small correction... There is no evidence that this quote is from Nietzsche, in spite of its popular attribution. It is, however, a tattoo on Megan Fox. Perhaps it is an act of snobbery, but I will look elsewhere for words of wisdom.

Bryon