Why do YOU love Vinyl/or hate vinyl

I just responded to the thread on how many sources do you have ( shotgunning tonight) and got me wondering why I love vinyl so much? Have a very good digital side on both my main system and my headphone system as well that was set up for Redbook playback (headphone system) only utilising my vast 1,000 CD collection, enjoyed it for about a year, added a turntable and haven't used it since. My love of vinyl has been with me for 55 years, buying and playing, setting up my tables , matching preamps and enjoying the fruit of my labor. I believe my love of vinyl is a simple one, it stemmed from the hands on, need to tinker and adjust that I was born with, it's a very physical attraction that I just can not resist, it satisfies a lot of needs for me and in some way is that mistress that I maintain. My turntable is massive and so easy to look at, I can touch it and get more out of it, I can read about the artist and get info while I listen to an album, I can swap out a cartridge and change the tone and in the day the album covers served as a rolling tray to roll a joint. I love vinyl, but absolutely understand while others don't. I also envy people like uberwaltz that have and use so many sources, wish I could. What say you?
tooblue
millercarbon,

If you're still using your mid 1980's cd player it's no wonder you hate digital!
Referring to LP's as vinyl plays right into the argument that their current popularity is a fad. Come on, man, vinyl is what your great-grandmother had on her sofa, your great-grandfather on his car's bench seats.
Vinyl is more work. Vinyl simply sounds more natural and overall better than digital. Full stop.
Jeez Miller.
Don't you wish you had chosen the OTHER pill.

And to the OP, thank you for the mention and kind words in your initial OP.

Even though in my world analog rules the day I just have so much of every type of media to play records only.
Probably 2500 CD, 50 BluRay and DVD audio, 40 SACD, 150 R2R, 1000 cassette and about 1200 records.
Then there is streaming too.

In my system records probably give me the most organic and dynamic playback although r2r and cassette are both snapping at its heels.

I can't say as I love or hate any media ( well as long as we do not mention 8 track of course!).
But they are so different and individual as to cherish them all in my system.

And sure some days, like tonight I just cannot be bothered to get up and flip records so it's cassette now likely followed by Qobuz streaming.
Tomorrow might be a vinyl all day job.
I still listen to records because it is a tinkerer's dream as tooblue suggests. There is some psychological thrill in getting it just right. Vinyl has a warm euphoric quality missing from digital. Digital is more accurate but in many instances vinyl just sounds better. When you get that almost perfect pressing there is that sense of wonder and awe that such a crude method can sound so good. And lastly I have god knows how many records which I can't and don't want to abandon. 
I rely on two sources the turntable and a 6TB hard drive and probably listen to both on an equal basis. I do not use headphones. I have a set which are dead flat and I use them to reorient my ears to make sure my room control system has got things right.