Why do people care what their speaker wants?

Or amp. Or DAC, pre-amp, or whatever. Fill in the blank. Why does anyone care? Are speakers so haughty they get all moody and pouty if you don't give them what they want? I thought the whole point was to have a system that sounds the way we want it to sound? So why all the people asking what goes with what? What do they care? Why?
128x128millercarbon
Millercarbon, perhaps its only because many audiophiles with way less experience than you either do not realise, or do, that there are so many different ways for speakers to sound, and no single speaker or system will be able to playback every kind of song in the most 'accurate' way, or the way the sound engineers and/or artistes want them heard.

This hobby is the strangest balance between what each of us wants to hear, and our need to know if there is a deeper truth of what could be heard.

So, the best way to know more is on a forum such as this, where there are audiophiles experienced in the specifics of a certain speaker perhaps, that has its particular signature familiar to them, that they can advise plays what kinds of music best and which would require what kinds of complementary equipment to do so most ably.

Do be patient with those who do not know how to ask questions to have them best answered - it is why forums like this exist, no? : )

In friendship - kevin
My equipment just wants to be played!

I tell my wife that all the time....

You know, when the speakers have been sitting idle too long. TT needs to be spun and arm moved.

( What equipment did you think I was talking about??!)
I agree with MC to a point.
I think the exception would be amp suggestions for hard to drive speakers such as Maggie's.
I see (read) a lot about the fact that that it takes current to run them properly. 
That would be a speaker that I would ask the forum their thoughts on the proper amp in my price range.

Other than something like that, I think the only one to be asked what goes with what is our ears.