why do my polk sda 1 monitors subdue male vocals?

the equipment i run them with the polks is an adcom 545mk2 amp,a 555mk2 preamp,an audio source equalizer,and a denon 1500mk2 cd player. i listen mostly to classic rock and oldies. it seems male vocals are muddied. any idea on why would be greatly appreciated. speakers were checked by a highly respected audio repair shop here in northwest indiana, he claims they are functioning properly. polk claims they have not heard of this problem with these speakers. other than this i like the sound of the polks. each cabinet contains four 6.5inch midbass drivers and two sl 1000 tweeters and a passive 12 inch bass driver.
racerx322

Showing 6 responses by racerx322

i checked and all my cables and sda interconnect is attached. i am not sure if an adcom 545mk2 power amp is a common ground amp? how can i tell?
jameswei, the vocals are very slightly improved with the eq on. could there have been a possible problem with the eq?
jaybo, my klipsch speakers did not have the same effect on vocals when hooked up with the same equipment. could it just be the nature of the sda1.