Why do Harbeth speakers have such a cult following

Let me start by saying I'm not here to bash Harbeth speakers.I have actually listened to 3 different pairs before I bought my current speakers.I thought they sounded good but I don't understand all the hype around them.They seem to have a cult following like Linn and Naim. What is creating the cult following among Harbeth speakers?
taters
As speaker cables for my Super HL5+ I am now using Duelund DCA16GA tinned-copper tone wire that I read about on Jeff Day's website. I replaced a pair of Audioquest Castle Rock with them. To me they strike the right balance with the Harbeth's but YMMV. I have also used Cardas Golden Reference. All three of these speaker cables work well with the Harbeth's IMHO, I just prefer the Dueland.

My Resonant Woods stands are in and I'm picking them up tomorrow afternoon. I can't wait to hear the difference with the open bottom stands. I use Skylan stands with my C7's for years and now the only stands I've heard my new SHL5 Plus's on are also closed bottom. I'm thinking the sound will be noticeably different, for better or for worse. Crossing my fingers.

well I found very nice sinergy between harbeth shl5 and synthesis roma 37dc+ amp
Started with NAD M2, Arcam, Moon and now LFD NFSE Mk II. Without the latest amp, I would have sold these speakers.

did not read all the posts, so I may repeat something that's already been told.
I think Harbeths join a great timbre correctness with musical involvement. at a relatively reasonable price (compared to the crazy world of hifi, where few grams of copper may cost several grands).

Have an audio colleague that totally loves his Harbeths.
Have tried the larger 40somethings? on a variety of high end gear - nice enough/inoffensive but not involving or likely to get a foot tapping. Perhaps shone on vocals.
Led to believe they are not too fussy about the front end.
Possibly not difficult to place in a room.
For me they are well suited to those that are hard of hearing, tolerate the horrible one note bass and like the sleepy pipe and slippers sound (Possibly caused by flexible cabinetry)
Harbeths tend to be owned by those who like a valve sound/distortion.
Shows what good marketing (Bose any one?) and client service can do.