Why bookshelf type speakers are high end

This is another MUST READ.

I love seeing bookshelf speakers costing tens of thousands of bucks that are truly high end

Magico has done very expensive bookshelf speakers. There are many other examples.

Bookshelves obviously cannot reach down to 20hz., but down to 40hz their sound is balanced.  This is true high end territory.

Many audiophiles do NOT use their standmount speakers with a subwoofer. Despite this, they are enjoying high end sound.

LS50 is an example of a speaker that has achieved rave reviews. I have heard them and can confirm they are excellent.

Do not be fooled by naysayers . If you want high end sound, you don’t need perfect bass down to 20hz.

mindlessminion
There’s also not that much musical content below 40hz for most music genres anyway, so extension down to 20hz (which requires massive sensitivity trade-offs) isn’t really worth it

You might think theres not much musical content below 40hz if youve never had a system that can do 20hz window rattling bass, which i have had in case you are wondering.

If it cant reach its not high end. If you dont care about high end, and want to use excuses like "theres not much content below 40hz", to compromise, youre not a real audiophile. It damages the reputation of true audiophiles when you say things like that.

I just found out that my cell phone speaker goes down to 20hz. Does that mean I am a "true audiophile"? I would be crushed if my audiophile reputation was compromised.
The bull elephants are pleased to know your phone is in estrous. Prepare for it to be crushed. : )
Is that insufferable troll slithering about again ? Must Ignore, is the best advice I’ve seen in this forum.