Why are all the Virtual Systems mega-assaults now?

I've noticed that more recently nearly all of the activity on the virtual systems is with really decked-out systems in lavish rooms with $50K speakers and electronics, cables, and single malt Scotch to match.

Don't get me wrong, sometimes it's nice to see how the upper crust live. But I've always viewed a strength of the virtual systems as showing how people have put together budget items with great synergy. What ever happened to the guys with the Adcom amp and PSB speakers posting about the continuing evolution of their systems? (Maybe they've updated to a spiffy room, speakers that require a forklift to position, MBL electronics, and cables that each cost more than my car.)

I guess Albert Porter's system gets a lot more traffic because people like discussing systems like that, but I really do miss seeing new "bang for the buck" units pop up on the virtual systems and admiring their ingenuity for putting it together.

Am I the only one who's a little disappointed with this?

Michael
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xsufentanil

Showing 1 response by jb8312

10 years ago when I had a starter system, I didn't even know what a digital camera was!

If it was possiable, I would have shown my system and every developmental step on the way to where I am now.

I think some people that have responded are way off base. No one should feel intimtated by showing a "sub $30K" set up. 98% of the people with systems over $50k at one time had a sub $29K set up and mostly likly WAY below that figure....

I think showing the diveristy can motivate others to put togeather systems that fit their budget. If I thought ONLY real systems were over $50k, I would have given up years ago...