Why all speakers are imperfect

In this post you will learn why all speakers are wrong. There are many speakers out there but the truth is they all suffer from the same problems so manufacturers have to keep inventing new excuses to pretend that they have made advances in driver technology, cabinetry etc

Now as open baffle die hards know, the problem with box speakers is the box itself. 

The problem people dont understand is that the box is there only so that the product is easy to ship and easy to place in your room. It is a severe compromise when it comes to sound quality. 

So the real answer to perfect sound is not a box but a dividing wall. The drivers would be placed on one side of the wall and the wall would prevent interference of the sound from the two sides. The wall would be built so that one side is where you would sit and listen and the other side would be the outdoors. There would be no pesky back pressure and you would get glorious sound. 

Now this is clearly a superior and probably cheaper solution than buying a flagship magico. Think about how much a flagship magico might cost. For that money this could easily be done and it would be superior with no baffle step loss. 

Now as a speaker engineer, i can confirm that there is simply not a great deal of difference between drivers. I have compared dirt cheap with state of art. A set of illuminators would EASILY satisfy even the most fussy audiophiles. The rest is just a question of custom tuning the crossover which is not hard. 

So folks, the speaker industry is not what you think it is. My proposal would exceed the sound quality of the most expensive Magicos, Wilsons, YG, you name it. The cabinet is the real culprit not the drivers when it comes to the secret to perfect sound. 

Now if you want mediocre sound and enjoy being on the merry go round then you are free to buy b&w, atc, wilson, etc all the usual suspects. 

I believe that perfect sound is attainable NOW. The real problem is that audiophiles who have spent considerable money on speakers are too embarrassed to realize that they have wasted their money on an inferior solution. These people are so stubborn that they will continue on the same journey, buying and selling speakers every few years and never achieving perfect sound.  They will sneer at my proposal because they cannot imagine how such a simple solution could outdo the advanced 
state of the art technology used by the likes of Magico. 

I believe I am the only person within the audiophile community bar none that has the capability to understand what perfect sound is and why it is so difficult to achieve. 
I have heard some of the best the world has to offer and i can confirm that they have got it all wrong. 

Wake up and smell the coffee folks. Box speakers are wrong. 
kenjit

Showing 1 response by jnorris2005

So who is this kenjit person and how does he carry that mammoth ego around?  He certainly loves to hear himself talk.