Why all or most audiophiles are men?

I googled to find an answer but no avail. Something very interesting. 
johnwern

Showing 1 response by larry5729

I have thought about this too.  This is wives resent what we spend.  I think a lot of this relates to showing off your stuff to your buddies and pounding your chest to see what I have.  My stereo is better than yours.  Then your buddy buys something better and begins to pound his chest.  In the meantime the wives hate how their money is being spent.  Then they pretend to not like sitting down to hear music the way it should be heard.  They sit there grumbling and inside have a difficult time containing themselves for witnessing the experience and release music can offer.  If people listened to music there would be a lot less shootings.

I am receiving home listings from a real estate agent who is sending homes for sale in our area to help gauge what our home is worth.  So far, I have seen hundreds of listings and what amazes me is I am yet to see a pair of speakers sitting in a family room or living room.  No wonder why this hobby is suffering and the dealers are starving.  I think audio manufactures are missing the boat by not advertising on TV and sending out direct mail.  The public needs to be educated and become of an entertainment platform that can be so dimensional.  I wonder at times if people are allergic to music.  I have seen entertainment furniture selling for well over $5,000 with a wide screen TV with no surround speakers.  They are just listening to their TV speakers............really!