Why According to some Turntable extremists Pitch Control and Direct Drive is Sacrilege?

Why shouldnt perfect direct drive speed and pitch control be part of an Audiophile turntable system.  Not having pitch control is like missing a stereo mono switch.
Every high end turntable should have pitch control. 
vinny55
Thanks Lew, guess myself and spell check are not as quick as you are.... lol .......looked funny when I typed it, but the point came through thought. ... 
Looked like dry English humour, very dry. Could be from say ... what was that great funny BBC comedy show ...
Let me put it this way ... my PD444 sounded like hollow... well accuracy if you like. In other words, digital. And actually its seeming dynamics sounded more like just sheer power not real dynamics, e.g. music really, just power. All in all, its sound didn´t manage to move me emotionally, spiritually nor intellectually.

Regarding the Harrold's comment it's funny, because i bet he did not mentioned that when he sold his PD-444, it's a double standards as always. 

In case with his cartridges and turntables we have completely different taste, but i have no idea how analog can sound "digital" when digital simply can't sound "analog". Strange, isn't it ? 

When one is not happy about the sound coming from spinning platter i would recommend to think about the speakers. Because everything  sound dynamic with high efficient speakers, better with full range paper drivers. This is where dynamics really is (imo) !  But when you're guys would like to improve dymanics you are looking at turntable? This is very strange, because speakers are far more important in terms of dynamics (if your cartridge and arm already nice). 

Different strokes for different folks ... 

P.S. We have many more users of PD-444 on this forum and they are happy about this turntable for decades. I hope my new Denon DP-80 will impress me as much as the PD-444

Is Lenin still on display?  Didn't Putie put him away somewhere? Chak would know.
"Is Lenin still on display?...Chak would know."

There is actually another member around here who seems to know Lenin's whereabouts these days. He focuses on fata morgana of statues, though.