Who still sells NOS Telefunken 6922's?

These tubes are getting VERY hard to find. It seems like many tube dealers are running out or have already run out. Others, like Kevin Deal of Upscale Audio, will sell only to customers who have bought a product from their store which requires these tubes. Does anyone know a reputable tube dealer with reasonable prices who still stocks these tubes? I have a CAT Ultimate which requires 6 6922's and 4 12AX7's to completely retube. What other brands (NOS or otherwise) have a similar sonic signature and perhaps will still be available 5 years from now? No Sovtek's, please! Thanks
rayhall

Showing 1 response by walkern

There is a place in Chicago called Triode Electronics (773) 871-7459 that often has difficult to find tubes. Their prices are very reasonable, and the guys who run the place really know their stuff. They keep odd hours and are sometimes tough to reach, but I have found it worthwhile to keep trying. I have been buying from them for years and have only ever had 1 problem with a malfunctioning tube. They replaced it immediately without question. If they don't have the exact tube you want, they can often recommend alternatives that are sonically similar.