Who says cables don't make a difference?

Funny, after all these years, people still say things like "you wasted all that money on cables". 
There are still those who believe cables don't make a difference.
I once did marketing for a cable line I consider to be about the best-Stealth Audio Cables. 
One CES, I walked the rooms with the designer/owner, Serguei Timachev. He carried a pair of his then new Indra interconnects. Going from room to room he asked the room runners to replace their source to preamp IC with the Indra. There was not one that was not completely flabbergasted and said that the Indras blew away what they were using. That was the skyrocketing of Indra and Stealth. The Indra became one of the best reviewed cables ever.
Serguei now makes the Sakra-an IC that blows away the Indra!
I don't understand why some still do not value cables as much as I.
mglik
It’s immoral to buy cables now huh? Lol. Better start picketing the Ferrari’s, Lamborghini, Aston Martin, etc dealer’s, and we need to start doing something about those immoral multi million dollar homes too. Boats, another one we need to clean up. Robert, are you’re saying you’re one of the hearing impaired ones? I guess I can make that assumption about people who don’t have the ability to hear properly to hear significant difference in audible sound, as it would be the same as your assumptions about those who are not impaired. I see most stating as fact that they hear what they hear, and they are not trying to tell you that you don’t hear what you don’t hear as aopposed to those who can’t hear, continually trying to tell them that they’re hallucinating. That’s the difference. Based on your comment maybe we should say that you could use some training in critical listening, so you are able to identify obvious differences in audible sounds. Or maybe we can just say that we all have differences in perceptions of what we hear and everyone has their own idea of what works for them. If you ever come to houston, maybe we can both listen to the same test and see what we see. I went into this expecting not to hear any difference so I could put that behind me once and for all. But what I did not do is go in with a bias that I wasn’t going to hear anything no matter what happened. I was surprised at the result, but as always, my ears are the finale judge in any decision about equipment. No matter how impressive something looks on paper, no matter the positive reviews, or negative reviews. A lot of positive reviews of course will get a product more noticed for consideration. 
It’s immoral to buy cables now huh? Lol. Better start picketing the Ferrari’s, Lamborghini, Aston Martin, etc dealer’s, and we need to start doing something about those immoral multi million dollar homes too. Boats, another one we need to clean up.
The person who said that ... was obviously making a joke.

I see most stating as fact that they hear what they hear, and they are not trying to tell you that you don’t hear what you don’t hear as aopposed to those who can’t hear, continually trying to tell them that they’re hallucinating. That’s the difference.
No, they call them "hard of hearing", they insult their systems, say they have broken ears, any number of things.  I am failing to see how that is worse than accusing someone else of expectation bias?

Based on your comment maybe we should say that you could use some training in critical listening, so you are able to identify obvious differences in audible sounds.
I would offer to teach the course if you like?  How many critical listening experiments have you ran or been involved in?

Or maybe we can just say that we all have differences in perceptions of what we hear and everyone has their own idea of what works for them.
Which is critically much different claiming that a competently designed cable sounds noticeably better (or different) from another competently designed cable. You will again note I have been very clear, I know how to, and can induce a noticeable sonic change with a cable. However, it no mores takes $5,000 or even $1,000 to make a cable that either will or will not make a noticeable change.  I really couldn't care if you spend $1,000 or $5,000 or $50,000 on a cable. It is your money and right now, and spending money would be good for the economy. However, when you (or others) come on here and state with complete conviction that you must spend X dollars, or must have a cable of Y quality (that costs X dollars), or that you must allocate Z% of your system cost to cables, then, knowing other people read these forums and are making decisions about their audio spend, then yes, it is quite reasonable for me and others to call present an alternative viewpoint.
It’s obvious where your bias lies, and yes you have made that clear. I haven’t seen anyone saying hard of hearing other than as a funny response as I posted above to comments about them hallucinating what they hear. As a whole, those who don’t hear differences do indeed spend much more time and effort trying to convince everyone that they’re imagining things, where the opposite is generally not the case. Som you can actually teach someone that they can’t hear what they do hear? That would be an interesting proposition. Come to houston and do the same simple test I did, and if you are able to approach it with a fair and open mind, would like to see if you would still tell me that you don’t hear a difference. I have had actual nasa rocket scientists try to explain the laws of Physics, it’s a wonder we ever got to space as hard headed as some of them can be, lol,  
Oh come on be honest speedbump6, some of them are joking, but many are not and are rather biting in their comment. Not to mention how many threads have just been started in the last week or two extolling the virtues of cables and meant to put down / insult those who don’t agree??

YOU, may want to look at the topic of the thread you are posting in and the other one that has took up the bulk of your posts the last several days.

If I do come to Houston, it does not matter if I have bias or not. All that matters is that you can detect a cable change ... without seeing the change, and we are not talking comparing 18 awg to proper speaker wire.

@speedbump6 --- you are wasting your time with this guy. Give it up, you will get nowhere, no matter what.