Who says cables don't make a difference?

Funny, after all these years, people still say things like "you wasted all that money on cables". 
There are still those who believe cables don't make a difference.
I once did marketing for a cable line I consider to be about the best-Stealth Audio Cables. 
One CES, I walked the rooms with the designer/owner, Serguei Timachev. He carried a pair of his then new Indra interconnects. Going from room to room he asked the room runners to replace their source to preamp IC with the Indra. There was not one that was not completely flabbergasted and said that the Indras blew away what they were using. That was the skyrocketing of Indra and Stealth. The Indra became one of the best reviewed cables ever.
Serguei now makes the Sakra-an IC that blows away the Indra!
I don't understand why some still do not value cables as much as I.
mglik
So I am relatively new to the IC cable game. When auditioning cables what specifically should or does one hear that makes a difference? Like every other NOOB out here I want the best of the best but only because marketing has convinced me of that.  I have Ace of Spades taste but a DP budget. 
“ WHO CARES “
Life is short, get a girlfriend, or donate your time, don’t waste it on garbage that’s been beaten to death 5000 times not to mention the fact that it’s boring. 
jjss49
cables prices vs production costs leads to highest margins in the industry, thus the greed/exploitation factor is the most extreme (in an industry where the average level of marketing bs is already fairly high)
Knowledge and skill building cables usually neglected in calculating final production cost. 

Like EVERYTHING in the market, Caveat Emptor!
To my ears, speaker cables make an audible difference.  Notice that I said "audible."  Has changing cables around taken my system from good to great? No.  But each incremental improvement adds up.  As far as the "pseudoscience" of cables goes, it seems to me that every manufacturer has to have a gimmick or sizzle to sell their cables.  I have a pair of MIT S1.3 cables.  I like them.  I think that the marketing, i.e., the "poles of articulation" is probably just nonsense, but I like the cables.  I have Morrow MA7 cables now and I like them slightly better than the MIT's.  Do I think that Morrow's "SSI" sizzle makes more sense that "poles of articulation?" Not really, but I like the way they sound.  So the sizzle is irrelevant.  Soun in your system counts.  Probably the higher end you go, the more cables make a difference, I suppose.  But it seems to me that at some point you are limited by the source material, and the best cables will not change a bootleg of Led Zeppelin into a well-recorded masterpiece.  My 2 cents.