Who's using the Jolida JD100?

To start with, I'm using one. Frankly, I think my system deserves the best CDP available. I have a Pass Labs Aleph P pre amp, one of the best; Pass Labs X 600 mono blocks, very serious stuff; Apogee Scintilla full range ribbon speakers, rare and priceless.

My Jolida is fitted with 5751 NOS tubes. I tried Telefunken and liked them a lot, but the 5751 tubes had better treble extension.

The Apogee Scintilla is a three way speaker, like none you have ever imagined. It consist of a very large trapezoidal ribbon panel that finesses an articulate bass down to 25 Hz. beside it is a mid/treble 53 inch vertical ribbon array. The ribbons are naked feather weight corrugated aluminum. They are arranged just like the five side of a die, two tweeters firing rear, two firing forward, and a midrange ribbon in the middle. These ribbons hang limply and are excited by the signal electrical current.

Sorry about all the technical. I'm hoping my description helps people understand when I say this is a speaker like no other and is quite possibly the perfect transducer. Unlike small cones and domes, the ribbon is free of heat dissipation noise. It's unique construction allows the speakers to disappear amidst a room full of performance grade music.

It will articulate every subtlety, no matter how faint, that a recording has. It will also transmit any defect of the music chain. That is why I chose Pass amps. They are so squeaky clean in their delivery.

The Jolida is a hold over from a lesser system. Amazingly, it has passed everything I have thrown at it. With every improvement I've made in my system, the Jolida just keeps on matching increasing performance. Right down to the Scintilla system. That is perplexing considering this machine's less than stellar CDP lineage.

What are your Jolida 100 experiences, and have you found better?
muralman1

Showing 1 response by sc53

Wow, I'm impressed by the test conditions for your Jolida player. I have been seriously considering buying one, and so I'm interested in what you and any other responders to your thread think. My system is definitely not as resolving as yours, but I insist on warm, detailed, non-mushy sound from a CD player. Sounds like the Jolida may be just the ticket.