Who OWNS Zu Audio Speakers- Especially Definition

I have recently tried a number of speakers, and I seem to have a problem with them all sounding too clinical, especially as the volume goes past 95-100db. This is key; I enjoy my stereo most when the volume is up. I currently own MA GS60's. They do loud very well, but are too lean for my tastes.
Various stores, various equipment, etc., so I can't say it was a controlled listening experience. Some were in my home.
I'm figuring the Zu Definitions would be different- I'd like to hear from some owners and those that have taken up on the 60 day trial period. What's good, what's bad?

BTW, some of the speakers I have listened to and found wanting:
Magnepan 3.6
Focal 1037Be
Reference 3a Grand Veena
Monitor Audio GS60
PSB Synchrony One (actually enjoyed these most- great dynamics, but felt something was lacking in the highs)
james_edward

Showing 2 responses by ton1313

When I got my def's years ago, I did a HT comparison with and without subs. They are as impressive as hell by themselves, but add in a big quality sub
(I have 1 of the original Zu 15" subs)and there is no going back! The sub adds in the deep foundation rattling bass that was missing with the def's alone.

That is not to say that the def's are bass shy, as they are not. Just that for dedicated HT, a sub receiving a dedicated signal for LFE adds in the fullness, that I like in my HT.
Sat in my room with both Sean and Adam from Zu, and they also prefered it with the sub for movies. For music, they are more than capable sans sub. As stated above, they don't need it as they play quite deep. But with the dedicated LFE channel, especially for war and shoot 'em up movies, the sub helps with the deep explosive bass extensions.