who makes a decent center channel speaker?

thinking of going vandersteen...any others come to mind?
128x128phasecorrect

Showing 4 responses by mig007

yes, as close as i can get it to the flat screen display. my setup is almost 'nearfield' due to room size
My post mentioned using a Martin Logan SL3 as a vertical center to go with the M-L CLSIIz to achieve a rough match in tonality and timbre, for purposes of movie dialogue
I've capitulated to the argument advanced by Kal to dispense with the horizontal center channel speaker and use a traditional vertical speaker closely matching the L/R. I have Martin Logan CLS IIz as L/R. Because of space limitations, I am moving one of the surround Martin Logan SL3s as closely to the center (between one of the CLSs and the flat screen tv). For the surround speakers I will be using Eminent Technology LF8a. I am currently not using a center channel speaker and going with phantom right now for music. It actually sounds better than when I was using a Logo all the time. Any comments would be appreciated.
Hey Kal, get the 'nudist' off your mind and please comment about what I posted. I would appreciate your thoughts.