Who has the best plasma monitor these days

I am looking to get a plasma monitor. I don't need a tuner within it. Just the screen. I have a cable tv supplier that already provides the HD tuner box with hdmi output. I am looking for a 42 or 50 inch screen. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thanks
tlg

Showing 4 responses by wader1971

Go Plasma! Sound & Vision just compare LCD vs Plasma - They were very happy with the Pioneer Elite KURO - I'm keeping my eyes on them as well the Hitachi Director's Series - Good Luck!
It look like the Pioneer will be only offering 1080p for their 2008 models in the 50" and 60" - it look like they are dropping the 720p and 42" for '08 - So, just curious what some of the Audiogon paid for their 720p (1150HD model) - I think I might get the last of the 720p model in June if the timing is good for me to purchase....
Cheers,W
Wader1971
Holy COW! - I just checked VANNS - OUT OF STOCK!!!! I will be calling Tweeter in Arizona tomorrow morning, don't know if they will ship or not - Best Buy still have them, but they are still selling them at $3499 - our local furniture store is selling elite and they have four left as of Wednesday (this was before the press release on the new model) - so, I will be calling them tomorrow as well... The '08 model will be at a premium price for awhile... I know a store in Portland and they are selling them for $2700... Thanks for the heads up!
Tweeters still have a few Pioneer Elite Pro1150HD and it still at $2299 - but the closest Tweeters to Oregon is quite a way - so, add $400 for SHIPPING! That is what Tweeters stated - Do anyone know of a good deal in Oregon and/or Washington State on this model?