Who has Luv for the Lyngdorf 2170 and is thinking about the 3400.

Hello All,
I’m coming up on 40 yrs in this hobby,and or obsession of ours,and I started with a pair of Khorns and Macintosh at the age of 12 and Offcourse owned a ton of different gear over the yrs.
I bought a 2170 a little more than 6 months ago and I enjoyed it so much that I quickly realized I don’t really need anything else,solid state,tubes,or even dac’s anymore.I could step off that silly merry go round of amplification and just enjoy music.I was able to utilize the extra money and time and put together a really great sounding network audio system that rivaled the best in analog that I have ever had,I was mainly a analog guy all of these yrs but finally gave it up,I even sold my longtime record collection of 3k records which included many Hot Stampers that I purchased and also several that I found on my own.

So who Luv’s the 2170 and is maybe also thinking about the new 3400.

Happy Listening,
Kenny.

kdude66
@jcarcopo yea that’s what I’m gathering from this thread, seems like it checks most boxes for most people. I’d love to know the power output at 8ohms but I believe that so long as it’s above 80ish watts I’d be fine.

I have a feeling the only option will be the fully loaded model, which bums me out because I really don’t need the add-ons and at 4K the price is right, but I guess I’ll see which one they have in stock.
The 2170 is the polar opposite of bright or forced in the upper mid range or highs. If it veers off neutral it is towards the warm and smooth side of the scale.

It is rated at 80 watts into 8 ohms. Your speaker is 4 ohm and the 2170 puts out some 170 watts into 4 ohms. Your speaker does not dip below 3.5 ohms and is 91.5 effecient. The 2170 has more than enough power. My speakers are 5 ohm 89 dB effecient in a huge room and I have far more power than I could ever use. My room is 34x21 with 10 foot ceilings.  
@grannyring

Holy sh!t you’re right, they are 4 ohm. Learning all kinds of things today. Thanks for the heads up! Makes me feel a lot better about this integrated. Demo has been delayed for a couple weeks unfortunately, but I really can’t wait to get my hands on this bad boy.
So from day one my 2170 had a problem where if you put it in standby, most of the time it would not come out of standby mode without turning if off on the back and sometimes without unplugging it from the mains. Even after adding a voltage conditioner. I normally leave it on anyway, but it seems every time I'm out of town, and the wife wants to use it, it's gone into standby and won't turn on. Others on this thread have had this problem too. Lyngdorf, up until now, has just blown-off this question. But I tried again and got this answer...

"Sorry to learn of your problems - and we recommend that you turn to your dealer for arranging the repair of your amplifier

We have experienced a similar problem, where the amplifier had problems in starting up due to a communication error between the boards. This caused the amplifier to stay inactive with the Lyngdorf logo on the display. If this is the case with your amplifier, please inform your dealer, when arranging the service. "
So that is my PSA for the day. If you've had this problem, it isn't a figment of your imagination.
I just purchased a 3400 to see what all the hype is about. I should get it next week. This will hopefully be replacing a Metrum acoustics Ambre Roon endpoint to Audio-GD NFB7.77 Dac to Krell EVO 202 preamp to Halo JC1 monblocks. I hope all the hype is true to same all that money. BTW, how does the 3400 claim to have 200w/ch/8 ohm when the power input on the back says 140W? I want to use my PS audio P5 power conditioner with this and want to make sure it is safe.