Who has Luv for the Lyngdorf 2170 and is thinking about the 3400.

Hello All,
I’m coming up on 40 yrs in this hobby,and or obsession of ours,and I started with a pair of Khorns and Macintosh at the age of 12 and Offcourse owned a ton of different gear over the yrs.
I bought a 2170 a little more than 6 months ago and I enjoyed it so much that I quickly realized I don’t really need anything else,solid state,tubes,or even dac’s anymore.I could step off that silly merry go round of amplification and just enjoy music.I was able to utilize the extra money and time and put together a really great sounding network audio system that rivaled the best in analog that I have ever had,I was mainly a analog guy all of these yrs but finally gave it up,I even sold my longtime record collection of 3k records which included many Hot Stampers that I purchased and also several that I found on my own.

So who Luv’s the 2170 and is maybe also thinking about the new 3400.

Happy Listening,
Kenny.

kdude66
@kdude66 

Thanks!  I did read in the manual that changing the output for the speakers/and or subwoofer will erase any previous RP measurements. 

Guess you have to do that first, then run RP.
I'd like to thank @kdude66  and @grannyring  for their recommendation of the Lyngdorf 2170.  I have been following the Tekton DI thread for a long time, and it was there that I was convinced I needed to give one a try.  Needless to say, I have sold off my amp, preamp, DAC, and various cables/power cords and am extremely happy with the 2170 (and pocketed a decent chunk of change as well, which the wife will put to good use!).  RP is the real deal (I was a total skeptic).  It is so effective at integrating a sub into the system that I now run my sub all the time (don't really need it with my mains, but seamless integration).

I have mine integrated into my home theater, and it works flawlessly.  Any analog input can be set up as the bypass input, and it also has a 12v trigger input -- makes it easy for my wife to watch movies -- push one button on the HT receiver and everything is up and running.  I found the best results with setting the xover for the sub myself in the 2170 and then running RP.  I would also add that using the 2170 all the way through is the way to go.  I tried it with external DACs and amps, and always came back to the 2170 alone.  And as has also been mentioned here, the volume control is awesome.  I have extremely efficient speakers, and have always been forced to run preamps at very low, non-optimal settings.  Wish I had the guts to do grannyrings upgrade -- don't think I am good enough with precision soldering (have rebuilt some speaker xovers, but precise soldering is not necessary there).

@kdude66 , I have not yet taken the plunge to the DIs from my Zu Definitions.  Was thinking hard about it, but the Defs with the 2170 is really, really nice.  Again, thanks to all who contribute to these threads -- so informative and helpful.
Glad you tried one,only one way to find out.

I don’t have di speakers,got rid of them first of the year,I have Silverline bolero supremes and also will be getting a set of Lawrence audio double bass speakers next week.

I haven’t upgraded my 2170 either,your going to have to take the main board out of the case to be able to solder the LPF caps and you might as well upgrade the speaker output wire at the same time.
I will do mine after I get a 3400 in a few months,I won’t be selling my 2170.I’m going to keep it for my 2nd system and or backup.

Would you say that rp got rid of some of the cabinet talk that the Zu’s have by nature.I know what they sound like I used to own them.

Happy Listening,
Kenny.
Omg, I would kill for a pair of Lawrence double bass. 
Need those 6 matching numbers for that though....ah well one day.
Please let us know how they sound with either Lyngdorf!