Who has has a totaldac DAC?

If you have one, or have listened to one, Please share your thoughts and experience. If you specifically have the d-1 tube, that would be perfect. If you live within driving distance of Burlington, VT, please invite me over to hear it, and I'll bring some good single malt 😉
tommylion
@cal3713  Well it will be very difficult for me to purchase something other than Totaldac just because not other brands have the engagement,soul and density of Totaldac IMO and i have heard MSB Select ll, DCS Vivaldi, Lampizator Pacific and EmmLab DV2.The only other DAC i liked very much is the Nagra HD DAC which is not within my price range anyway.
I will probably purchase Totaldac d1-direct and after some years upgrade to d1-Twelve mk2.Cheers
Post removed 
@vin99 Funny to see you post that thread. I just read it in entirety earlier today...

When I purchased my last dac I demoed a number of different brands/topologies. One of those was the Matrix x-sabre pro that is near the top of ASR's measurement rankings. Unfortunately I really didn't like it and ended up choosing the audio mirror r2r. I will note that I also didn't like the lampizator amber 3 (very energetic, but too hot and bright) or the PS audio directstream dac (sounded kind of unnaturally mixed up to me, maybe there are some strange phase issues I'm sensitive to). I did not volume match and was sighted, but ran a blind session for a friend and he also chose the AM. The experience made me question the reliance on measurements. In some ways ASR was right (I didn't like the poorly measuring Directstream), but in other ways they were wrong (I didn't like the wonderfully measuring Matrix and my friend's blind impressions matched my own).

That said, some of the issues identified with the tested Totaldac were very alarming.
Have been living with the d1-tube for about 5 years and couldn't be happier. I haven't spent time comparing it with other DACs at this price point, but for what it's worth it's hard to imagine anything besting it and I can't imagine wishing to upgrade to an alternative. Their more recent development of amplifiers and speakers also look promising.