Who can tell me the sizes of a Basis Debut MK-5 ?

I think of purchasing a Basis Debut MK-5 Gold Vacuum. I need to know the total size because I want to get a new silent base from www.silent-base.de.

I hope someone can tell me this soon. Thanks.
128x128colibri

Showing 2 responses by sirspeedy70680e509

I have heard,on numerous occassions,both,the Basis tables mentioned,and especially the Walker.Obviously fine products.I liked both,though the Walker has a greater sense of "Cache",due to renown/latest reviews,and the (always carrying weight,to audiophiles,at least some I know)fact that it is more expensive than most.I'm willing to bet that "accuracy" can be had by either product,as well as quite a few others.

I never state anything I own is the "best I've ever heard",and don't think it bodes well for anyone to do so.There are too many variables ,in this hobby,responsible for that.I have heard SOTA lp sound(SOTA in the final result emanating from the speakers,regardless of less well thought of front ends,though not cheap)from quite a few systems,in my day.I've had friends who have owned top "cache" tables(Versa Dynamics,Forsell),only to move to a more,DREADED,seemingly commercial table in the long run,and like the cigarette smoker who easily gives up after a scare,they realised they loved the new table.

I also remember HP in a TAS article mentioning the Walker was unacceptable at Sea Cliff,due to a "darkening" effect placed on all music it played.Do I believe this?Who knows(other than HP)?A well known reviewer loved the Basis,and dumped it in a heartbeat,when the Walker came along.Would he automatically dump the Walker should he be able to obtain a "RARE,and PRICEY" Blue Pearl.I'll bet yes,and he would find a way to rationalise it as better than the Walker.We are SO fickle,and easily impressed by "more than simple performance" in this hobby.I've seen it way too many times.

I doubt that Albert Porter had his analog Basis rigs out of optimum,when comparing the two versions,but would AJ Conti manufacture a lower quality platter,to make the line more "modular"?Anything is possible.The only thing that IS definitive is that no one has all the answers.Except me!!

That was a joke!!
Albert,as someone who could see myself considering a table like the Basis Vacuum,in the future,your comments are quite interesting to me.I will NOW consider this and possibly look elsewhere,when that time arrives.

I intend to sell my home,and business in about 3 years,and am always considering what set-up I will be morphing into,at that time.That is one reason I was so interested in your Megalines with tube crossover,as opposed to SS!I do intend to make some system changes,at that time,and love to ponder what they may be.Your comments,in general,are very interesting.Thanks for being so upfront,and a nice guy overall.