*WHITE PAPER* The Sound of Music - How & Why the Speaker Cable Matters

G'DAY

I’ve spent a sizeable amount of the last year putting together this white paper: The Sound of Music and Error in Your Speaker Cables

Yes, I’ve done it for all the naysayers but mainly for all the cable advocates that know how you connect your separates determines the level of accuracy you can part from your system.

I’ve often theorized what is happening but now, here is some proof of what we are indeed hearing in speaker cables caused by the mismatch between the characteristic impedance of the speaker cable and the loudspeaker impedance.

I’ve included the circuit so you can build and test this out for yourselves.

Let the fun begin

Max Townshend 

Townshend Audio

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xtownshend-audio
Townshend audio

Lets talk frankly. 
Any capacitance on a speaker cable (stand alone, just vs. a measurement equipment), is the fact there are two cables in parallel, for all the length, at a close distance.
Such a capacitance can be fixed easily by building such a cable, from two separates. Capacitance is gone!
Do you thing that now all cables will sound identical?
No!
The factor to build a speaker cables, is custom built, per the Amp's DF and length required. This would effect the cross section (in gauge or sq. mm).
Such a cable can be calculated. 
I did.
Not only that, but I conducted a test on multiple participants and found it works 100% of cases. 
I also figured, that if a cross section is calculated, adding thickness, will not make any improvement.
So I have the formula. 
It was tested.
None of the sound characteristics can be measured by any of the methods of the tests you conducted.
It is about controlling a speaker, that is a coil moving in an electromagnetic field. None of the AP tests apply.

BTW.

1.  Has anyone heard a difference between speaker cables?

2. Has anyone heard a difference in the sound on the clip https://youtu.be/v11hmOE1Vcc.

3. I have tried to explain it, but some are not happy. Is it just coincidence that the traces track characteristic impedance quite closely?

3. I have tried to explain it, but some are not happy. Is it just coincidence that the traces track characteristic impedance quite closely?

No, you basically started with a conclusion and then attempted to make the data match without correlating, or compensating for other variables. Keep in mind you have presented no mathematical correlation.

Zo = sqrt (L/C) .... of course impedance is going to have a relation to inductance, that value you continually ignore.

1. Has anyone heard a difference between speaker cables?

You are now appealing to audiophile emotions which is just wrong when you present what purports to be a scientific paper. This has nothing to do with whether people hear a difference between cables or not. It has to do with the fact that your paper is error filled and draws a conclusion without proving direct correlation, while investigating no correlating variables.

And still even though I have pointed out numerous errors in your paper, you have not addressed them, or retracted until you could fix them. Instead you are blaming others here. We did not write the paper.

Keep in mind, you are not just presenting an error filled paper, this is also meant to market your product.
Many people more knowledgeable about transmission lines and electricity have pointed out all the issues with this "white paper". No change has been made. That says a lot.