Which USB Re Clocker

I have been very happy with my Innuos Zenith Mk 2 for several years. The sound  is excellent and ripping is child's play. I have been interested in adding the Phoenix Re Clocker for a couple of years, but for various reasons, haven't been able to get a demo yet. One of the selling points of the Phoenix by Innuos, is that it can be used between any source and USB DAC.

Well it also means that any re clocker should work between an Innuos Server and DAC. The one drawback to me is that the Phoenix isn't cheap, at least as far as my budget in retirement is concerned. The Company claims that the Phoenix is more than a Re Clocker, with improved power supplies and other improvements. I don't suppose many of you guys have had the chance to compare the Phoenix with other units. Still any suggestions about other, cheaper Re Clocker units to consider? Particularly if you have had the chance to use it with an Innuos Server, but not much chance of that either. Still any advice is welcome, thanks.

david12

I  still use my Uptone Audio ISO Regen with the Ultra Cap linear power supply. I have an Ayre QB9 Twenty and even with the DAC upgrade, the ISO Regen with Galvanic Isolation switched on makes a noticeable improvement. If your DAC is relatively new and jitter measures are low, than I'd be surprised if you'd need anything more.

Using an Audio-GD DI20 HE + Mutec Ref 10 120 SE clock.  Match made in heaven.  Took the Audio-GD DDC to the super high end level of sound.  The Phoenix USB reclocker may be a one stop solution but I prefer to have separate components, not only for the edge in sound quality but because its easier to upgrade individual components.

easy and affordable way with USB RECLOCK. 

just 3 devices without big metal casing. 

get these 3 devices combine : 

1. iFi iPurifier3 (USB Type-B)

2. iFi iDefender+ (Type A-A) 

3. iFi iPower-X (5V) 

- use iDefender+ power by iPower-X via USB cable to the iPurifier3 at the end to DAC.

@antigrunge2 

My setup is x3 USB RECLOCKs,

x1 iFi Micro iUSB 3.0 + iPower-X 

x2 iFi iPurifier3 

x1 iFi iDefender + iPower Elite 5v. 

total 2 USB power splitter & 3 reclocker before the Dac.