Which tubes are the best?

Hi folks, I just got a Muzishare X7 integrated amp. It is beautifully made and sounds like it has a lot of promise. Even though I'm just breaking it in, I am thinking about tube changes. Why? It's just what I do. 
I'd like your opinion on the best replacement tubes, meaning smoothest, most "tubby" and mellow tubes. 
I won't be chasing NOS tubes. I'd like your experience with Gelenlex Gold Lion, TungSol, Mullard, Telefunken, or?,  etc. of current manufacture. The amp uses KT88, 12ax7, 12au7 and CR34 rectifier. 
Any thoughts about KT88 vs 6550 would be appreciated. I used to prefer 6550 way back when. 
Any information would be appreciated. Yes, I could go through all the old posts but I do have vision issues after four operations and that's why I'm asking straight out. 
Thanks in Advance. 
Back in the day, I used to do some serious tube rolling. The absolute mellowest, most laid back and detail rich tubes I ever found were some Mullards advertised in the back of Audio magazine. They had Magnus Organ printed on them. They were amazing. Unequalled. Ten years ago, I was cleaning out stuff and took a box of my small tubes to a local dealer. Some guy gave me $350 for them. Wish I still had them heh. 

fredcdobbs
I will agree that, once you’ve decided what tubes sound best to your ears, you’re probably going to keep your fav tubes in and not keep rolling them. 
In our Leben CS600, we rolled a bunch of stuff (including Russian Military Grade options) and finally decided that the GGLs sounded best for the type of music we listen to in that room (acoustic folk and acoustic country). 
That’s not to say it wasn’t fun hear how the different tubes sounded with different musical styles—especially thru Leben electronics. 
@milpai,exactly! And for him to put his name with the aforementioned new tubes says a lot itself. That he will go into something he doesn’t like and swallow his ego and say that he likes them. 
I’ll try those out for sure. Just not at his prices lol. I buy enough nos tubes off the guy

resurrecting this thread. Im between new Tung Sol 6550 and Gold Lion KT88's. Preferences?

@jimbones I prefer RAM ( Modjeski ) computer grading and extensive testing / screening of new production tubes. I would also trust Brent Jesse. No relationship w either other than very happy repeat customer.

best to you in your search

Jim

@jimbones 

I no longer have my tube amp, but I had both of the reissues of the TungSol 6550 and Genelex KT-88.  Both excellent.  TungSol 6550 had stronger bass but the Genelex KT-88 was more balanced with excellent midrange and very good bass.  After I got the Genelex KT-88's I never put the TungSol 6550's back in.  If you don't mind sacrificing some bass, the EL-34's beat them both on the mids.