Which stereo amp to try under $30k

Having just made several upgrades to my system, it's now time for the amp. Given the number of amps in the 15-30k range, I'm guessing many of you have experiences with them. To get started, I'll tell you my (1) my guidance (2) my current list of options (3) My current setup. Looking forward to getting more options on my list, as I'd like to pull the trigger in about 2 months and need to start listening.

My Guidance
- Under $30k
- I need to be able to hear the amp before purchase, preferably at a local shop (SF Bay Area)
- New or used ok
- Large sound stage
- Bass
- More Bass... all the bass
- Very much prefer stereo to fit in my rack. I have small children and not enough room for monos.
- Prefer not tubes (already have a tube line stage - too hot for small children and don't fit in rack)
- I'm ok with a colored sound. Prefer musicality and realism over "accuracy" or "neutrality"
- Needs an absolute minimum of 150W based on how loud I listen
- 15/20A or something I can plug into a regular wall outlet

My Current List of options
- Luxman M900u (current top of list)
- Ayre VX-R Twenty
- Pass Labs XA160.8 (doesn't meet all of my guidance)
- Boulder 2160 (a little above budget)
- Audio Research 160S (doesn't meet all of my guidance)

My Current Setup
- AMG Viella Turbo Turntable w/ Koetsu Onyx Platinum Cartridge
- Boulder 508 Phono Stage
- Mytek Manhattan II DAC (next upgrade after the amp - maybe a dCS Bartok?)
- Audio Research Reference 6 line stage
- McIntosh MC452 power amplifier
- B&W 802D3 speakers
- AudioQuest and Nordost cabling or a Symposium Osiris rack

What I listen to: Anything from the 60s on vinyl, some things from the 70s on vinyl. A lot of large orchestral and jazz, also a fair amount of pop, from any decade, on vinyl and digital. Thanks for reading my long post! I'll keep this thread updated with amps I hear. Lots of great shops in the area. My two favorites are The Analog Room in Campbell and Music Lovers Audio in Oakland and SF.
Ag insider logo xs@2xmayoradamwest
I'll add to my list Simaudio/Moon 700i v2 and the 900 series Luxman separates. 

@mayoradamwest What makes you place your concerns on the amp and not on the speaker and more importantly on the amp-speaker synergy/interface? OR on the system as a whole?
Ayre and Audio Research were my favorite amps.  I recently heard of poor customer service from AR.....which leaves Ayre ...which has marvelous customer service.
How about a D'Agastino stereo 250 Momentum amp, pairs beautifully with tubed preamp, has reasonable sized footprint for rack, is great 'eye' candy, and perhaps can find a refurb unit from dealer for around that price point. Very copious and tight bass, great sound staging...am using it with VTL 6.5 tubed pre running Wilson Yvette's to very enjoyable effect. I had a Hegel H-30 stereo, and this really reveals the differences between the two.
Like the Momentum better than entry model,