Which speakers did you find bright, fatiguing or just disappointing in some way?

OK, controversial subject but it needs asked. I'm curious for your experiences, mainly in your home, not a dealer and esp. not a show demo
greg7
I found JM LAB Focal Stella Utopia upfront and bright. Head ached after 20 minutes every time.  Couldn’t be the amp Pass
Labs XA 100.8. 
Worst combo I've had--

Cerwin Vegas with Crown Amps--so bad totally unlistenable .

Almost as bad but never would buy.

Latest B+W 800 series-- like razors in the ears.

Von Schweikerts-- just dull.

Magicos- sounds like designed by and for a computer-hear them with Halcro Amps and rush for Root Canal for relief

Any ESL-yes sadly been there many times-bit of heaven and hell
they all fail at some time--got sick of saying a Prayer every time I turned them on. The great pity as they can perform superbly --when running

Caveat Emptor

T

I agree with those who think the B&Ws are too bright. I've owned one pair and heard others, and I just can't listen to them very long. Other's love them, so to each his own. I find I have issues with a lot of metal dome tweeters. I prefer, and recommend, soft dome tweeters for less fatigue. 
Martin Logan ESL-X on demo they hooted, squawked and buzzed at me getting very lost on complex pieces.
I feel the same way about B&W speakers as @millercarbon feels about Wilson.That is, over rated, over priced & under perform.
I also had an aquaintance who had an outstanding Wilson set up .... at least on paper.
$25G dollar Wilsons, Bryston 4B-SST amp, Sim Moon deck, & Nordost wire.
To save space lets just say after blowing all that doe his system sounded .... dry.
Price maybe an indicator where to start, but it's not the "be all", "end all" in the final analysis.
As for using YouTube as a listening reference for any piece of Hi-Fi ..... that's just blayton ignorence. Get down to a dealer and listen - PERIOD.