Which receivers have decent stereo performance?

I currently have Yamaha RX-V795 driving a pair of Soliloquy 6.3 which does not do them justice. I can't afford an amp/pre-amp for now. Are there any receivers out there, used for less than $1K, that do decent stereo job so I can watch both movies and music sharing the same pair of speakers?
osrever9e72

Showing 1 response by bemopti123

Instead of wasting money in a bigger receiver, the suggestion of a separate amp make marked impact in the performance of Soliloqys and will definetly set you square in the path of better sonics, in the future. I might call the purchase of the 1K receiver as a temporary solution, which in the long run will force you to squander more money in the selling and upgrading game. All receivers, used below 1K and the one you are using were built to fit an economic formula in the minds the company, a separate amplifier, as the Monarchy that were suggest has less compromise in their production than a mass produced receiver....and if there is a compromise, it was done accounting the clientele of the buyers who would purchase their amp....people who can be very demanding of the quality that the amp will produce. Simply, go for the amps.