Which Patricia Barber album floats yer boat?

As far as my knowledge is concerned and from all the reading that I do, “Blood on the tracks” by Bob Dylan is considered to be his best album by far. For Joni Mitchell it is “Blue”. What really amazes me is that there is no general consensus on which album of Patricia Barber is the best. Some prefer “Modern Cool”, some “Companion”, some think “Nightclub” is her best album! I think it is “Café Blue” Why? Cause the two tracks numbered 9 (Too Rich for my blood), and 11 (Nardis) strike a chord in me like no other songs of her. They have the energy which seem to ooze out from the system in spades.

Which album of Patricia Barber floats yer boat and why?
128x128quadophile
Companion, Cafe Blue and Fortnight in France are my favs, in order. Verse is horrible IMO. Just can't get into it.

The percussion duo at the end of Black Magic Woman is the one part of her repertoire that seems to make everybody smile when they hear it. Cheers,
Spencer
Sbank,

Yes that particular piece is sure to get your adrenaline flowing in copious amounts.;)
Music is of course quite subjective, hence the people saying nasty things about Barber in this thread.  The first album I had was Cafe Blue, and I think it is outstanding.  I love almost every track.  

I had seen her live at The Green Mill in Chicago before purchasing that, and it was a great show.  Then I went back to The Mill, and I interviewed her for a video I was making on the The Green Mill.  Her performance that night was absolutely killer.  She recommended Modern Cool as my next listen.  I have it, and I think it is quite good, but I prefer Cafe Blue.  I just bought Companion.  We shall see how it goes.

She is a very interesting person, and a great artist.
Umm, I find the comments on this thread very interesting although I admit I haven't read them all. Perhaps I'll just be the quiet voice from the back of the room that has to say something, because I feel that Patricia Barber is one of the most talented musicians/artists alive today. From Cafe Blue to A Fortnight in France to Mythologies, this woman is amazing. Have you heard Autumn Leaves from the Ladies Jazz Festival in Gdynia? Have a listen starting at 20:45....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVSV0xu0P8U
Her arrangements are incredible. Check out Norwegian Wood from A Fortnight in France. How anyone can criticize Patricia Barber completely escapes me.

I only have two of Ms. Barber's CD's, Cafe Blue and Modern Cool (on BR and SACD).  I like Modern Cool the best for its moody flavor.

Please forgive the slightly off-topic question.  I want to purchase Companion.  Anyone out there compare the SACD to RBCD versions?  Is it worth it to spend at least 5x the amount of the cost of RBCD and get the SACD?