Which Mid Level Turntables Ship Well and Are Foolproof?

I'm looking for recommendations for mid-level turntables (e.g. $500-$1000 used) that are solidly built, are unlikely to be damaged from prior misuse, and that can be shipped relatively safely (assuming original packing materials). I am helping my cousin put together a system, and so far it's pretty nice: (Vandersteen 2CEsigs + 2WQ sub, McCormack DNA 0.5 Rev. A amplifier, modded Eastern Electric minimax preamp, Schiit Bifrost DAC).  He is wanting to get back into vinyl, and has an analog audio store nearby that can either sell him something new (Rega) or help him set up something used.  Given the relative delicacy of turntables and all the mechanical parts, we are debating whether to go used and if so, which models would present the least risk for used condition and shipping.  Much appreciation in advance for your thoughts!  Peter_S 
peter_s
Clearaudio Concept $1600 new with a MM cartridge they pop up here pretty regularly.
@rar1
@ chakster - wow, who put the red bull in your Cheerios?

The original poster asked a question about the Pioneer PLX-1000 and I gave an answer.

Kindly reread what I wrote. It wasn’t that outer worldly.

@ Peter - for the audiophile experience, the Stanton 150 and the Pioneer 1000 may not satisfy. They are not awful TTs by any stretch. Mapleshade uses the Stanton for its TT mods.

http://shop.mapleshadestore.com/Stanton-ST-150/products/201/

Rich

This link is a joke, if you believe in this bullshit go ahead, but i know this Stanton turntable and it is a total crap. I know Technics turntables very well, i use some of them for more than 20 years (they are modified). We’re not talking about mods here, but modding Stanton to claim it will outperform $4000 turntables is a nonsense! It’s like buyin’ Ford Focus to compete with Porsche 901.

Technics SP-10mk2 will kill everything and in stock condition the price is only $1000-1200. So what is the reason to buy cheap and crappy Stanton (designed for teenagers wanna be djs, who can’t afford even SL1210mk2) to invest more in this shite Stanton, hoping it will outperform $4000 turntables??? If the guy feels ok to sell this crap to his customers and make money on it then do you think i have to believe in this noncense? You wonder why? Crazy world, indeed.
Why limit yourself by a table that might ship well and be lesser performance as opposed to spending the same amount on a better table?  

I would just do your due diligence with the seller and make sure it going to be packed correctly etc so on. There are so many to choose from seems to me you would get way more for you money this way.