Which material sounds better for speakers construction? Wood, Ply or MDF?

Im guessing they use mdf these days because its cheaper.

vinny55
Vince at Totem makes cabinets impervious to environmental variations.  They are unique in the industry.  He also makes crossovers like few, if any others do.  
Vince at Totem makes cabinets impervious to environmental variations.

Gotta love these sort of claims. No such cabinet exists, nor will it ever exist. Just as no driver is absolutely perfect, neither is any cabinet or crossover. 
Ok Helomech the great...protector of things absolute!  Within the normal standards of cabinet design, Totem makes their speakers far less susceptible to various environmental conditions.  Their crossovers are special by virtue of quality and tolerances as well as being hardwired by hand.  
Dave, none of us have said that Totem doesn't make a nice speaker.  Many of you enjoy it's sound and feel it's a good value.  I auditioned them often as my local dealer has the line.  They weren't for me, but they were nice.  

Not sure why you jumped on helmomech like you did.  All he said was that you made a false claim.

BTW, I checked out most of their speakers on their site to see what hey are made of and they all seem to be MDF.  I haven't seen solid wood on any of them.  Which ones do you own?  The problem with solid wood, other than movement, is that each wood as a specific density and sounds totally different.  I have had many headphones.  My favorite material for cups so far has been Purple Heart and Boccote (my ZMF Ori's are the rare Boccote).  Sorry, not trying to get us off track on cabinet materials.
@dave_b 

Ok Helomech the great...protector of things absolute!  Within the normal standards of cabinet design, Totem makes their speakers far less susceptible to various environmental conditions.  Their crossovers are special by virtue of quality and tolerances as well as being hardwired by hand.  
I'm the "protector of all things absolute," yet you use the word "impervious" to describe a speaker cabinet. Seems to me that shoe is on your foot Davey.